Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well good news is that my car got dyno tuned finally for pump gas (91 octane) and everything went great. Then on my way home, I got on the car obviously to feel the power of the car and I knew my clutch isn't that good of a clutch so I already have a RPS clutch and RPS Flywheel waiting to go on. Anyways, I'm driving and all the sudden I hear this weird noise. It sounds like a chattering metal noise ONLY when I press the clutch in and the noise it's not consistent like a beat but more like a random clanking. What could it be? Do you think it is the throw-out bearing? By the way I have the ACT HD clutch. Please help and thanks in advance for your help!!!!!

~Farhad G.

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
I thought when the throw-out being failed it became more of a squealing annoying as hell noise. And also I do believe you will only hear the squealing from the TOB when the clutch is DEPRESSED not let out. So may be something else?

Alex

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its only when the clutch is pressed in and when I let go it seems to go away. What would you say it is??? I hope it's nothing bad!!! I though my tires were picking up rocks, and I was wrong. But that's what it sounds like. It sounds like sticky tires picking up rocks and shooting everywhere. Very similar, but from the engine bay :sadance:

~Farhad G.

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
ah wtf. i just looked at somethin and i forgot which way it was supposed to be lol. I wrote that wrong. When the clutch is depressed it should MAKE zero noise if its the TOB from what I have read. It still sounds like the same noise you would hear from the TOB though. Maybe someone in the morning will be able to clarify for you though.

I dunno it may still be it as I searched a bit and I still found one person that was very certain it was the TOB when the clutch was in, but most said it will do it when the clutch is out. So beats me time for sleep!

Alex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts