Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Fly boys drive fast toys.
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i left to daytona on monday and took the bmw left the surpra in the garage. i come back and battery is dead..... no lights left on nothing, wierd..... so i jump it and see that my S-AFC neo is turned on while the key is out of the ignition..... never happened before, i drive to my parents house and 2 hours after dinner i come out to grab something and the AFC is on with the car off and locked...... so i just unplug it and run back inside. an hour later i jump in the car and i hear a hum coming from the rear of the car..... i assume its the fuel pump. i fire it up, battery almost dead, i get home, shut the car off and fuel pump still running....... WTF?!?!?! so i just disconect the battery....

so this morning my gf takes the other car and i have to take the supra to a funeral and im running late... connect the battery, supra fires up fine no problem, and after 3 seconds cuts right off.... and its not like a sputter off, as if the comp shuts it right off..... whats wrong with this thing?!?!?!

and supra meet is tommorow!!!!!!!

any help will be great

my car is a 94 NA-T with only the SAFC neo on it

· Registered
285 Posts
Check the turbo timer I had a Greddy and the 12 volt mod done on the fuel pump. Kept getting a dead battery happened to be in the yard and heard my pumps coming on and off. Come to find out the turbo timer was a hunk of shit and was turning the car on and off when the key was out and off.

569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok now the car fires up just fine and cuts right off at exactly 4 seconds, im getting some kind of fuel cut?
i have the same turbo timer, but does it cut my fuel off?

· Registered
1,322 Posts
A Couple more variables one should note...

His car has been running this setup with no changes for at least 10 months with no issues.

If he disconnects the NEO the car runs without the 4 second restriction, but obviously dies once he touches the accelerator.

· Registered
285 Posts
Are the wires to the neo soldered in to the harness or is it a jumper. I still think with the charging deal Id bypass the turbo timer and try that the dying issue, being that nothings changed Id check the wiring over again. Had a safc fuck with me bad once ended up being a bad wire. Hope this helps.

· The Great Kruso
4,230 Posts
There is nothing that would directly provide the fuel pump a constant positive. I would start by plugging the battery back in and get it to a point where the fuel pump is constantly running without the keys in and THEN look ovder the wires near where any electrical work had been done (ie neo installation) aswell as near the ECU. Fiddle the wires to see if any of that makes the FP stop running to see if you have any luck and then go from there.

Kruso

569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea im gonna borrow a neo from a guy here in daytona, then drive back to tampa wens night and try it out, im hoping one of the wires went bad... ill give you updates on thursday. everything really is pointing at the neo.

cause car runs without it... just really shitty.
and it fires is REALLY nice with it.... just cuts fuel at 4 seconds.
-is there l like a different start program that runs when u fire it up, then switches to another mode at 4 second?

i got the fuel neo manual but its all japanese to me...

· Blood for Blood
9,923 Posts
so it ran with this set up for 10 months and just now started this? hmm does not sound like you did anything in the wires when it was set up... you would have seen this problem alot sooner than 10months later....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.