Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a free day to go play with the car and decided to work on launching. This is the first time I have done so since I had my torque converter installed. Well, The trouble is my car does not seem to want to build boost at the line or powerbrake at all.

My technique was to basically stand on the brake, and press the gas. The problem is that the RPM's rise to about 3000 and then I hear the BOV release and the rpm back down to about 2500. If I remain on the gas it will repeat this to the tune of "vvvrrrooommm, pppssshhhttt, vvvrrrooommm, pppssshhhttt" in rapid succession. I could not get the tires to even spin at all and the car is not building any boost. Now I had the car in D, trac off, converter unlocked, and boost set to 18psi. I also tried in manual mode and in 1st wih the same results.

Is there something really obvious that I am missing here? What am I doing wrong and why am I losing boost? :confused:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would guess it has to be the TRAC kicking in then. I have no problem holding boost under high rpm's or have I ever heard the BOV leaking. Is there any concrete way to test if your BOV is leaking?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts