Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I made a postlike this a while back on ClubLexus but nobody really knew what my cut wiring harness went to. Now I made some progress, and hopefully with your help I can get my car running :D I know a Supra 1JZ is different than a SC300, but this should still be pretty similar I believe?

Anyway, my ignitor harness was cut, as shown in the second diagram. (4 connectors... a 12 pin, a 10 pin, a 4 pin, and a 2 pin) The 12 pin goes to the ignitor, along with the 4 pin... leaving a 10 pin connector and a 2 pin connector. Now, I looked on my friend's 1JZ supra, and his 2 wire connector just seems to go to a small black box that gets grounded to the chasis. This leaves only the 10 pin connector.

It seems the 10 pin connector goes through the ignitor bracket, but I have no idea what it goes to after that?? Here is a pic of an ignitor, with what seems to be the gray 10 pin connector. Do you guys have this, and if so can you confirm it is a 10 pin, and maybe even tell me what it goes to?

My car misses being driven, please help!!!!!!!

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
What year Soarer motor do u have? I dont have that 2 wire your talking about going to the body on either of my cars. That loom on both my cars just has the wires to connect to the ignitor, nothing extra.

I dont have alot of wires as shown in that diagram.

Both my motors are 1992 Soarer JZZ30 1JZ-GTE autos, they are two serial numbers off from eachother.

410 Posts
JJG2005 said:
2 wire connector just seems to go to a small black box that gets grounded to the chasis.
thats the signal rectifier that cleans your dc up so you dont hear the engine running in your car stereo espcialy on AM station

My igniter pack haves a (4) wire connector & then a (12) wire connector and then the other [] connector by it 12 or 16 goes into the engine harness & fuse block your alternator mainly is in that one and ac stuff do you want the soarer diagram or the supra one there out there on the web!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Oh ok the 2 wire makes sense now... and you are saying that the gray connector on that bracket just passes through there, and is not the 10 pin I'm looking for?

Can you please point me in the direction of the Soarer diagrams?? I've been working on this for months and I can't find anything :-( Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks again.

edit: I'm almost positive my motor is out of a 92, going into a 92 SC300... but it may be a 93.

410 Posts
yes i think the igniters are the same and you have the [2x2] 4pin and the [2x6]12pin then there is like a [3x4]or something like that it passes the signals from your alternator and other things from your engine to the fuse block and also the carbody but i cant be sure on your car because i have the supra clip and thats how it works out for us. ok here is the right direction go here
---->http://www.1jz-gte.us/92Supra6.html if that web page doesnt answer your questions get ahold of him he haves more pages he might even talk you through this! he haves more stuff that is not posted on his page and it might not be translated tho so dont be suprised. also the wire diagram is that the 1jzgte or the 1g-gte make sure because there is some slight diffrences and they sometimes put them on the same diagram.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone else have any advice? All I can find are the japanese wiring diagrams... and i actually started to learn to read Japanese for that, but then I realized there were 23,000 characters lolol.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
all this problems, and u do know i recently sold a uncut 1JZ harness for around 350 with an ecu

·
*SNICKER SNICKER*
725 Posts
I have a 91.5 Soarer engine set in my Cressida, and I do not have connector C104 in my set, and mine runs.

I don't think that should stop your ignitor from working.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts