Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my motor is coming out (for various reasons) so I thought it would be a good time to get some stuff done.

I have a T78. Are there any turbos out there that would bolt right up to my Greddy system that could offer more potential power and somewhat better spool up than my current turbo? (a T88 doesn't fit the bill because of further lag).

Again, I'm not looking to redo the whole system, just the turbo itself. Any thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
71GTQ is supposed to bolt to the header but dunno' about the DP. BoostLogic sells conversion kits for various other turbos including a DP that might be worth looking into. Personally if I can get spool data on the 71GTQ I may switch but sell my T78 and go BL rather than just bolting on a new turbo. Still deciding though, I want a BIG DP (4inches) so I'm not sure how best to go...

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BLKMGK, it's just a PITA to package up the T78 and sell it (to me anyway), plus it is a big expenditure for a whole new kit.

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
paul_c said:
I have a T78. Are there any turbos out there that would bolt right up to my Greddy system that could offer more potential power and somewhat better spool up than my current turbo?

There is no magic turbo... but a 71GTQ will make considerably more power without sacrificing much more lag... When BLKMGK has 6spd logs from a 71gtq equipped car he can tell you the exact differences:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts