Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I am in need of some major help. Im currently putting my supra back together from a blown head gasket. Now below the intake manifold is a pipe it goes down into the head or something else, I know that it is a fuel hookup of some kind but i am not sure. Is it for the fuel filter and if so how does it hook up, because i know that there is a bolt that has a hole it the middle of it (for fuel) that will fit in there, i dont know if i have this all right but i need to know, is the bolt not suppsed to go in there? if so please tell me what goes in that hole. Please HELP!! Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,037 Posts
The fuel filter is almost above the tank in the back so dont worry about that. The line you're looking for is the feed line to the fuel pulsation dampener on the firewall side of the fuel rail. The line is made of brass and kinda squiggles back and forth down through the the gaps between the runners in the intake manifold. It ataches on a looped end via that bolt with the hole in it (they are called banjo bolts, for future reference) to that funny junction that looks kinda like a long hex-head that is bolted to the side of the block with 2 bolts, which is the fuel feed line. Remember to use the copper washers and use silicon paste if you want sealant, dont use tape as it can shred and get into your fuel system. HTH

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
Yes under the mani there is a metal hose with a bolt that has a hole in it with one washer each side but I cant' remember where it goes from there

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying but i think i didnt really make clear at what im talking about. The hole that im talking about isnt on the intake manifold, its below it I need to find out what goes to that hole before i put the intake manifold on the car.

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
Is it this one?

If it is, it goes to junction block of some sort then to a flex line going to the hard line from the tank. If somebody can confirm that, it's been a while since I had the stock setup. HTH

·
Super Moderator
10,037 Posts
Is this hole on the block itself, or on something else?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea thats the line, do you have a pic of the line itself b/c im not sure if i have it, it may have gotten lost. if it goes to that hole, where does the other end go to, it looks on the pic you put up that it goes to the top of the engine.

Wrekless: im pretty sure it goes to the block itself.

3,796 Posts
It goes onto the far left end of the fuel rail, where Wreckless said. The pulsation damper screws into the open end of that hard line and the other end goes to a metal plate down low, which connects to a flexable fuel line.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
isnt that the one that goes to the J on the block?

btw, ron answer my email! dont tell me its too late to squeeze me in next...

3,796 Posts
No the J tube is a fuel RETURN line. The other hard line that jt2ma71 posted a pic of is a fuel supply line.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OHH ok, and then does the other end( the one you just pointed to, connect to that fuel regulater or whateveer it is?

3,796 Posts
Yes, the pulsation damper screws throu it into the fuel rail.

·
Super Moderator
10,037 Posts
Once again I'm wishing that I could host pics, and that I had a digi to take pics with.

jt2ma71: nice Z-car

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
I took a bunch of pictures when I first disassembled my engine. Mostly "detailed" stuff, at least for me. So anyone needing pictures relating to where something goes, enginewise, I might have it. So does DrJonez, I think :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well tomorrow im going to take a pic of exactly where and what im talking about so maybe it would help alot more if i had a pic.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I just finished taking everything apart for the second time. Waiting to see you pick, not sure if you mean the connector under the intak manifold, or one of the two fuel lines. Depending where you are in NJ, I may be able to stop by.
Waiting for the pic.

Steve

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey im posting the pic up tomorrow b/c i had to borrow a digital camera. Im located in brick NJ

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey everyone, I finally found where that line went and everything is under controll, turns out that the line was bent thats why is wouldnt go on correctly. I just wanted to post to thank everyone for all the help.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts