Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Alpha for president
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.... i've searched and searched for maybe 2 hours. I have a basic race head from virtual works +1 valves etc... and HKS 280's. i've been reading that these cams make the motor interference and that they do not. Whats the deal?. Lets just say the block was resurfaced with very minimal materal removed along with head say a couple thou.

So if the motor is now interference, ok...i'll be fine unless the timing belt breaks??

so my other question is with the minimal materal removed, am i going to have to worry about the piston to valve clearance with stock headgasket???

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Ok.... i've searched and searched for maybe 2 hours. I have a basic race head from virtual works +1 valves etc... and HKS 280's. i've been reading that these cams make the motor interference
Yep...

and that they do not. Whats the deal?.
They make the motor an interference motor.

Lets just say the block was resurfaced with very minimal materal removed along with head say a couple thou. So if the motor is now interference, ok...i'll be fine unless the timing belt breaks??
IF you're statement on material removal is correct, you have no problems. If you break the timing belt, you are going to hurt something.

so my other question is with the minimal materal removed, am i going to have to worry about the piston to valve clearance with stock headgasket???
Nope.

·
Alpha for president
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha...short and sweet...thanks... i know i should have done some more research before buying everything....but i didn't so...

·
Alpha for president
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are already in...thanks anyways

1 - 5 of 5 Posts