Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to do this to my naturally aspirated supra. I have had it for sale for more than a year, and I have had alot of people want to buy it, but can not get approved at the bank. So I have just decided to keep it, and make me a roadster. I dont want to make a convertible(with a folding top) I just want a open top car.

If you have negative opinions about my project...please dont reply.

Please respond with any comments that would be beneficial to my project. Such as structural support, design, etc.

Thanks,
Shane

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
addition

The above picture is a computer drawing. Here is the car as it sits now.

I

·
0 Posts
Take it to as many beaters as you can and get quotes. I know it has been done before to sc300/400. They made them to convertables with leather roof. All up about 10k. No advise to give other than that, Im presumming you aint doing the work yourself, or you wouldnt be asking.
I know you didnt want this comment but I dont fancy it on the supra. The sc on the other hand was nice.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Actually, I am going to do most of the work myself. I have some close friends that are in the custom world and they are going to assist. I was mainly looking to see if anyone had done anything like this before, and if there were any major problems with it. Also if anyone has done this, I was wanting to know if, and where to add structural support. I just wanted something different from my other Supra.

And as for the comment, I expected to receive some. Actually, I cant believe that I am destroying a good Supra. I knew that when I started this project I would receive alot of criticism from the Supra community, but that's ok, we all have opinions, and I respect each and every one.:D

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Apparently... Unfortunately it has Lexus badges which automatically make it "Ricey" despite anything else... I dont care what kind of car it is, if it has badges that dont belong on it thats the label it deserves

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
Rice shmice -- go for it. It's going to be a fun project.

Admittedly, in my opinion you'll be taking away a major 'character line' but what the heck, as long as you like it...

As far as structural issues go, I think that you weaken it, but only insignificantly. In a head on or rear accident it should behave as if the targa is just off (frame can surely buckle). It's going to be a bit worse in a side accident in the rear area, as the hatch is removed.

·
Addicted 2 Power
57 Posts
You Guys do realize that the new pics are of his car. He went ahead and did it and that is his car. I think he did an awesome job. I would never have wanted to do it, but seeing there is only one and he did it himself makes it an awesome accomplishment.

Peace

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FiZZioN said:
You Guys do realize that the new pics are of his car. He went ahead and did it and that is his car. I think he did an awesome job. I would never have wanted to do it, but seeing there is only one and he did it himself makes it an awesome accomplishment.

Peace
Thank you....

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I wasnt saying the roadster aspect of it was rice, its the LEXUS BADGING that is ricey, obviously

Doing that is in NO WAY different than putting an SiR badge on a DX civic hatchback... as an example.

So you have no room to talk if you see a "type R" accord driving down the street next week... If you were to make a comment on it, your a hypocrite.

the car doesnt really look half bad though... I dont like it from the rear which is why I didnt post the rear shot but otherwise I think it looks pretty good actually... aside from the badges of course.

N

·
0 Posts
Personally i think the car could do without the badges, but it does look amazing..I like the owners personal taste, its one of the nicest supras ive seen..Kudos to his idea and making it happen..

P.S.- No matter what there are always negative comments, just do whatever makes you happy.

·
Addicted 2 Power
57 Posts
pooshda said:
I wasnt saying the roadster aspect of it was rice, its the LEXUS BADGING that is ricey, obviously

Doing that is in NO WAY different than putting an SiR badge on a DX civic hatchback... as an example.

So you have no room to talk if you see a "type R" accord driving down the street next week... If you were to make a comment on it, your a hypocrite.

the car doesnt really look half bad though... I dont like it from the rear which is why I didnt post the rear shot but otherwise I think it looks pretty good actually... aside from the badges of course.
I understand your point and I am not even going to argue against it. As a matter of fact I prefer nothing on the car hence the reason I have no badges, side lights, antenna, and wiper on my car.

And yes I distain when someone misrepresents.

Peace
Justin

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lexus emblems

Hey, I understand that alot of you dont like the lexus emblems. Guys, I live in Mississippi.....some people here really believes it a lexus......that's the fun part about it. Just laugh about it, hell I do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts