Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
What?!
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to swap out my steering wheel but I'm not sure what I wanna do. I've been on the edge for a while, and now I've been leaning more towards swapping it out so if you have an aftermarket steering wheel on your car please post a pic up on here for me. I'd like to get some ideas of what looks good. I'd also like to keep my cruise control so if you were capable of keeping it functional please let me know that too.

Thanks!

·
Life begins @ 30psi....
2,369 Posts
I have a TRD wheel in my car and I love it!!! It really freshens up the interior and feel great and you can keep the cruise if you want.

Bob

Pic:

·
Highway Demon
2,877 Posts
to keep your cruise and get a A/M steering wheel you will need this

taken from MVP website

HKB (Boss) Steering Wheel Hub for 1993-98 Supra
Part # Boss HKB-0T156
This steering wheel hub works with many steering wheels including Sparco. It allows you to easily retain your factory cruise control. This is the only steering wheel hub on the market that allows this.
MSRP $150.00
Your Price $125.00

and i always liked the momo jet w/carbon inserts and fighter steering wheels
JET

FIGHTER

·
What?!
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the TRD wheels, when you install them does your airbag light come on? Is there a way to take out the bulb for that light? It's been a while since I've taken my dash apart.

I really like the TRD wheel but it's so damn expensive. That momo Jet looks good as hell too.

Thanks!

·
4 T's and an X
2,121 Posts
My airbag light never came on. I even have the airbag squib but I didnt need it. My wheel plugged right into my harness. I am selling the squib now. I was very easy to put on also.

·
Registered
870 Posts
is that 125 for the hub? or the steering wheel?

taken from MVP website

HKB (Boss) Steering Wheel Hub for 1993-98 Supra
Part # Boss HKB-0T156
This steering wheel hub works with many steering wheels including Sparco. It allows you to easily retain your factory cruise control. This is the only steering wheel hub on the market that allows this.
MSRP $150.00
Your Price $125.00

and i always liked the momo jet w/carbon inserts and fighter steering wheels
JET

FIGHTER

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
That price is for the hub...

FWIW, I run a Momo Competition wheel with a Momo adapter. I am switching the the Boss hub so I can use my cruise control.

·
It's all ball bearings...
889 Posts
GA*Red*Supra: Here's my not stock, but not aftermarket steering wheel:

The Celica GTS Steering wheel might be an option if you don't want to spend a lot of money on a true aftermarket wheel, and if done right you can keep your cruise control and airbag with no warning light. It's smaller than the stock wheel and blends in better with the interior than the TRD wheel IMO (at least on my black interior with S2000 seats). I think you can change out the Toyota logo too if you want, I know I have seen someone on here replace it with a TRD one. One of these wheels is available in the FS section here that you might be able to barter down a bit in price. Good luck!
Chris

·
Supra Newb
635 Posts
those two momo steering wheels are about $250-$320 depending on where you buy them. anyone know if you can use your airbag or not with them?

i also like the momo driver steering wheel too

·
'93 Supra TT
480 Posts
What do u have in the stereo headunit area? I see ur head unit is on the left side of the steering wheel. I guess you really don't want anyone touching your tunes lol

·
No, ...It was NEVER NA!!!
1,417 Posts
You guys sure have some clean interiors.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I notice most supra owners stick with the TRD or MOMO wheels, any particular reason? I just bought a Nardi classic wheel.

·
Original Owner
504 Posts
What do u have in the stereo headunit area? I see ur head unit is on the left side of the steering wheel. I guess you really don't want anyone touching your tunes lol
Your right, i hate it when people touch my radio and eat my french fries!!! :)

·
'93 Supra TT
480 Posts
very cool lol

yea i hate it when people eat my fries too lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
The TRD steering wheel is soo nice, i am looking for one now, does anyone know of somewhere that has them instock, mvp said it will be like 3-4 months.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have a TRD wheel in my car and I love it!!! It really freshens up the interior and feel great and you can keep the cruise if you want.

Bob

Pic:

Without a doubt, your car's interior looks show-room new. Can we see some more interior pics? Thanks.

Is this a daily driver?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts