Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had E-TTC Mod (MKIV.com By: Jeff Lee) for 1 1/2 yrs.

It was perfect till I had a Raced and ran 160+MPH.

All of sudden there's no Boost on 2nd Turbo.

I thought blew-off the 2nd Turbo but there's no Dead Whine but, tic tic tic tic............. noise Hear from the Passanger side front when you deaccelerating.

I open up the hood and see that noise coming from the 2nd turbo area.

I had no clue and exhaust sound not normal as before. it's not when Normal Seq Mode neither TTC Mode. sounds like between those two modes.
(It was TTC MODE)

I was thinking that Turbo Pressure Tank got some damaged so 2nd Actuator opens maybe half way instead of full... open.

I decided to make sure Pressure Tank has some damaged instead of 2nd turbo.

I tried TTC mode (permanently wire actuators open) last night and found 2nd actuator (bottom of the engine) via ROD and little Snowman(?) Shape metal
has broke.

I have no idea why it's broke and how to weld those toghter.

The actuator connects to the exhast housing there's a little round pipe rotates Clock-wise / Counter Clock-wise when Actuator Opens and Pushes Rod to Rotate those Snowman shape metal attached those little round pipe.

I put little bolt stick it in between Little Round Pipe (Rotates to open /Close) to stop rotating for temporally.

I test drive today and Exahust Sound Same, No Boost, Tic Tic Tic.... Noise from same location.. I don't know what to do.

maybe I Rotated to wrong direction to OPEN...?? :scratch:

Under the car, my head towards to end of the car using my right hand touch those round pipe and turn clock-wise all the way to the front of the car. (it's easy to rotate back and forth)

Sorry for the long writing and language problem.

Please help me.

I spent almost 4 hrs. for that... kind of tired now. and depressed... SAD.. :madjerk:

-- Eddie --

BPU ++ 1994 6spd. 139602 age.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Well sounds like your EGCV rod broke. There is really nothing to say, except that you either need to replace the EGCV (pain in the ass), try to weld it back together, or as a temporary fix wire it open.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
crossways said:
Well sounds like your EGCV rod broke. There is really nothing to say, except that you either need to replace the EGCV (pain in the ass), try to weld it back together, or as a temporary fix wire it open.
wire it open means....... turn to Clock-wise (to the FRONT of the Car) or Counter-Clock-wise (to the END of the Car)..??

I did Clock-wise (to the FRONT of the Car) is it RIGHT..??

If YES then I have other problems..... I have NO TTC Mode at all...
like I mentioned before, Feels a like, it between SEQ Modde & TTC Mode...

maybe you don't really understand.. what I'm trying to say...??

let me ask you clearly,

Which Two Actuators need to be wired to OPEN..??

I think I did both correctly but, I have confused with EGCV and Bottom Actuator.

Where is EGCV and Actuator...?? I feel like a DUMB... :rolleyes:

EGCV = Actuator ?? or different ..??

I just followed instruction from MKIV.com

I know Top Actuator for sure. but Bottom... :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

isn't that bigger than Top Actuator..?? (it's about size of SODA Can ..??)

Please teach me.

I'm still learning.

** I have No BOOST....... **

-- Eddie --

I forgot to say Thank you!

·
Silent
1,412 Posts
if i recall correctly, the egcv rod pushes the top of what can rotate towards the back of the car. That is counter clockwise, if you are looking from passenger side.

I had a little bit of trouble getting a taught wire on that lower actuator. Went single before I solved it to be honest.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hokiesup said:
the egcv rod pushes the top of what can rotate towards the back of the car. That is counter clockwise, if you are looking from passenger side.
If is correct... I did wrong direction to it... :madjerk:

What if I do correct direction to it and still No Boost......... what else could be..??

I mean possibilities.......

Thank you for your reply.

I'll try tonight. :)

-- Eddie --

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did test BOTH sides... still the same.

No Boost.......

I'm stuck NOW....

I don't know what to do. :madjerk:

Please HELP !!!

I need your Expertise..!!!

-- Eddie --

1 - 8 of 8 Posts