Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was changing my plugs and then i was putting the coil packs back in and then i snapped one of the nuts off part of the shaft with thread came off. there isnt enough so i can screw it down and i have no clue what i should do. SOMEONE HELP! also my some of my plugs were coverd in oil. anyone know what that means?

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
is there any part of the thread in the hole?? if so you might have to extract the bolt ..you can get this stuff at sears!

·
10,459 Posts
can you post or attach a pic! this will help !

·
10,459 Posts
good to see its ok!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another question. Where and how much can i find these bolts (the ones that hold the coil packs in place)? BTW the coil pack is still missing a screw, it's a little loose, is it safe to drive like this?

Thanks,
Chris

·
10,459 Posts
your local toyota deaLER HAS THEM AND ITS NOT REALLY SAFE TO DRIVE LIKE That ..but if you have one bolt holding it down you can drive it for a while !
DANKAHOLIK said:
Another question. Where and how much can i find these bolts (the ones that hold the coil packs in place)? BTW the coil pack is still missing a screw, it's a little loose, is it safe to drive like this?

Thanks,
Chris

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some of my plugs showed oil on them. Looked it up on MKIV but am still confused. What could this mean?

Chris

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
DANKAHOLIK said:
Some of my plugs showed oil on them. Looked it up on MKIV but am still confused. What could this mean?

Chris
Oil on plugs is not really a good thing. Does your exhaust blow white smoke from time to time? (burning oil)

It means that either your valve stem seals are bad, your turbo seals are going, or possibly bad rings. (probably your valve stem seals this is a common problem) Not the end of the world, but not the best thing.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RSA Supra said:

Oil on plugs is not really a good thing. Does your exhaust blow white smoke from time to time? (burning oil)

It means that either your valve stem seals are bad, your turbo seals are going, or possibly bad rings. (probably your valve stem seals this is a common problem) Not the end of the world, but not the best thing.
It does blow white smoke, but only when the engine is cold and in cold weather. And never when my engine is warmed up. If in fact it is my valve stems, how much would it be to repair? Not TOO bad right :(? Any one else?

Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts