Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Toyota MasterTech
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been using nissan 16x7.5 rims with bfg comp ta 255/50/16's. my best 60' time so far was a 1.69. would it be better to switch to e/t streets? could i get better 60' times? and what size would i get to fit a 16x7.5 rim? thanks, Rick.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rick, if your not spinning with the BFGs the ET streets will just slow you down. They have more rolling resistance so don't use em unless you are experiencing traction problems.

·
Toyota MasterTech
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Seth, ive been using my friends rims and tires at the track for a while now. he just got his 650hp 300zx back and now he needs his rims and tires back. so im using another set of 300zx wheels and i was just wondering what the best tires would be to buy. i guess ill just stick with the bfg's and get a new set for myself. cant wait until sunday to race.

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
Rick S said:
ive been using nissan 16x7.5 rims with bfg comp ta 255/50/16's. my best 60' time so far was a 1.69. would it be better to switch to e/t streets? could i get better 60' times? and what size would i get to fit a 16x7.5 rim? thanks, Rick.
rick,
i've got some 275x40x17 BFG DRS (Comp T/A), i've been thinking about selling them, i'll do $225+($22 s/h) for the pair, i paid $160 each for them, and barely even used them, probably used them a total of 3 events. Let me know, i accept paypal/prepay, and you know my references. With the pwr i'm making, more then likely i'll end up getting 315's in the near future. Contact me if your interested, i easily pulled a 1.609 60ft with the single turbo, and more then likely could have done way better, on the twins, i pulled a lame 1.7 60ft, and got thrown outta the track for not having a cage, so the drs have mad potential.

let me know
vnt ;) (Aol im: vntper)
Email: [email protected]

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Re: Re: please read...i need opinions by thursday...

vntperformance said:
rick,
i've got some 275x40x17 BFG DRS (Comp T/A), i've been thinking about selling them, i'll do $225+($22 s/h) for the pair, i paid $160 each for them, and barely even used them, probably used them a total of 3 events. Let me know, i accept paypal/prepay, and you know my references. With the pwr i'm making, more then likely i'll end up getting 315's in the near future. Contact me if your interested, i easily pulled a 1.609 60ft with the single turbo, and more then likely could have done way better, on the twins, i pulled a lame 1.7 60ft, and got thrown outta the track for not having a cage, so the drs have mad potential.

let me know
vnt ;) (Aol im: vntper)
Email: [email protected]
Val,

With the power you'll be making, you might as well run the tires that the big dawgs run 325/15's ;)

Drew

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
Re: Re: Re: please read...i need opinions by thursday...

bad94sup said:
Val,

With the power you'll be making, you might as well run the tires that the big dawgs run 325/15's ;)

Drew
I'm trying to avoid a brake swap...... Plus i think i'm gonna sell the rx7 wheels w/et streets too, and get some bogarts.

vnt ;)

W

·
0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: please read...i need opinions by thursday...

vntperformance said:
I'm trying to avoid a brake swap...... Plus i think i'm gonna sell the rx7 wheels w/et streets too, and get some bogarts.

vnt ;)
mmmmmm... bogarts....:drooling:

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
Supralative said:
Val out of curiosity...how much do you plan on selling the ET Streets and RX7 wheels?
well i got a local guy offering me $325.......

vnt

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
bad94sup said:
Val,

What kind of shape are the rims/tires in? Approx how many passes on the tires?

Thanks!

Andrew
there in good shape, i got them used for silverbullet, and they have a quite substantial life left, i would keep them but my car is down, so i really have no use for them until spring 04, no need for them to sit and merinate? I love em....but hey?

vnt :p

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
vntperformance said:
there in good shape, i got them used for silverbullet, and they have a quite substantial life left, i would keep them but my car is down, so i really have no use for them until spring 04, no need for them to sit and merinate? I love em....but hey?

vnt :p
sorry for hijacking your thread, rick.

vnt ;)

·
Toyota MasterTech
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats ok Val.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Val,

Which springs do you have? I have Eibachs, and the car hardly lifts at all when I launch. I am thinking about putting stock springs on there. I have let too many runs go up in smoke! I also want to take out most of the neg. camber in the back for a better footprint.

I am using 255/50-16 BFG's - I got a 1.61 60; with them. I also have ET Streets that I made 4 passes on and took them off the rims! I wonder if tubes would help top end stability? Not enough people run them to get a good opinion!

Al

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
Al,

I'm running H&R Sport springs/Cusco FSTB & Top Speed RSTB, car rides great....squats perfectly, but as some are doing, i plan to go with 98 rear shocks and 93-97 Front Shocks, and leave the H&Rs' In, when i ran the car, the day i ran the 10.0, I left the line kinda stupid....and fish tailed to the left and right...and stayed on it, corrected it and still ran a [email protected], pretty funny stuff...... :D

over the winter i plan to have paul install my trd lsd, a HKS Ti, 3.5 MP/DP, and some type of Intake Manifold (Keith Ta, Titan, or SP/PHR)... i'm gonna try and hit alittle over 700rwhp with my tiny T-67P.... The car has amazed me on what it's done, for what it has.... the way the car sat when it ran the 10.05, it had the potential to run the 9.8 that i was aiming for, especially when i left off at the 1k Foot Mark, but I know that when comes back out spring 04' it'll do it easily. And I plan to change some of the wheel & tire combaniation too, i plan to sell the rx7 wheels & et streets and get som 16x9 or 16x10 Bogarts, and some brand now ET Streets.

good stuff.
vnt
:cool:

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Val,

I picked up a set of stock 93 shocks/springs with 25k miles! Would like to make some more suspension tweaks - will try an alignment more suited for drag racing.

Do you think the rear strut bar helps with launching? I wonder if you can get an airbag for the right rear? Just a thought, my right tire is worn more than the left!

I made 12 passes in the last 4 weeks, 7 of them went up in tire smoke. Still better than earlier in the year, when 8 out of 8 went up in smoke! That has got to stop! Some of them were from lack of track prep.

Al

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
well Matt Miller & Tony Melber run this setup on there cars, and it works perfectly..and they've been running there cars down the 1320 for years now, so if it works for them, then i gotta try it, plus to me it feels like with a lowered car on springs, my cars shocks/struts have to be dead, espeically with 51k Miles on em.

i would only except positive results from this setup.

vnt ;)

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Yeah, mine have 76k, so they dont feel too great either! I guess the 98 rear shocks are stiffer, but the set of 93's I got are complete, so no spring compressing!

I saw Matt's car run at MIR - he is on stock springs - right? The front end really lifted!

Al

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
T6Rocket said:
Yeah, mine have 76k, so they dont feel too great either! I guess the 98 rear shocks are stiffer, but the set of 93's I got are complete, so no spring compressing!

I saw Matt's car run at MIR - he is on stock springs - right? The front end really lifted!

Al
that's matt alright, i have videos of my 10.55, 10.6 and 10.5 runs on video but there not in a digital format, or else i would post em.

pretty wack stuff.
vnt :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts