Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...
just wondering what you would use for a 98 NA tuneup... Stock.
What kind of filter would you get and from where?
Plugs and wires too?
Thanks.. I really appreciate it. I don't want to go to Toyota and just get the stock parts.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
air filter? if you've got a stock airbox, without a doubt, go with the K&N drop-in filter... it's about half the thickness of the factory filter but it's got the K&N oil on it... it's pretty cool, and it's cleanable and reusable. there is a tiny bit more pull with the K&N compared to factory.

as for plugs... search the NA catagory... there are post for plugs and wires.... good luck... keep us posted

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks for the info on the filter.. do you know the best place to buy them online? I've been looking around. I need to get the K&N model 33-2054 right?

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Umair,
For the air filter if you didnt want to keep the stock air box my suggestion is the Apexi Super Air Intake. You can also get a Blitz one and K&N makes them for our cars as well. These would be the open element cone filters. Plug wires definatrly Magnecore Plug wires they are Pricey but badass. And as far as plugs i went with Toyota stock plugs and they gave me denso plugs which should be just fine for NA form. Just a few suggestions.
Later

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats some good info thanks. I'm looking for the Apexi and/or the K&N but on their websites it says its only for the MKIII supra. Can we use the same one or are these websites just outdated? I wouldn't mind changing the stock air intake box. I just can't seem to find a place to buy them.

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Yeah we use the MKIII ones check out some of the other post about em they tell you about it you can get the Apexi one at Nopi you just need to get different bolts to make it fit.
Later

·
Registered
5 Posts
You're not going to notice a difference with new plugs and wires but I understand not wanting to go with OEM parts. On my NA Stealth I went with Denso Iridium plugs and Magnecor wires. I'm happy with both, although they are a little pricey.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really like the Bosch +4. I think they make a difference, although I have not tried the Denso Irid. You need a #4417 for your NA, I use a 4418. Since Bosch have a money-back guaranty, you might want to try them first. (PS, +4s are not for Turbos!)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What about if you have the Cone filter adaptor. What K&N filter would you go with then?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts