Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have just insalled blitz 03 on my car.
Rear 18 x 10
Front 18 x 8

The shop could not install the front rims, the rims hits the caliper (car has stock calipers and stock springs )

They tired using spacers but when they use them, the lug becomes shorts and therefore the lug-nut will not fit.

They told me to go some where else, the other place told me that i need a new ' adapter'. I remember him mentioning that i need 4.5" x 4.5" adapter for 5 lugs rims. He said that the adapter is thicker than the stock and he says that this will probably solve the problem.
Honestly, i am not sure if can trust him, he seemed to be intrested in my money.

I had to take the car back to my home, i have the stock rims in front and the 03's on the back :(
I need to fix this problem before sunday ( going to moroso )

Does anyone know know anything about this? has it occured to you before? Any suggenstions?

Here is a pic of blitz 03 on my car

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
If you absolutely need the wheels on for the show, get longer wheels studs and the right spacer. But Andi said it, you got the wrong 03.

·
i'm a bauce
1,287 Posts
if you can't exchange the rims>>>

which i would do....call dave at gt auto sport ...he sell hubcentric adaptors/longs studs, that work fine...

but if i were you bite the shipping cost, and exchage the rims, for the right offset

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wrong offset buddy.
You must ALWAYS, ALWAYS remember that TT Supras have BIG calipers, so selecting proper offset is a MUST.

go sell the rims and get something else...
Don't put spacers on...you'll regret it.

however, 18x8 with proper offset will fit your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts