Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am in the process of converting to single turbo and have closed of all the necessary water pipes but I am not sure about the nipples that are left over from the throttle body. If anyone knows what I must do with these (I have circles the nipples in red on the pics). I have capped of the bigger pipe at the back of the throttle body but i don`t know if this is correct.

Also There are screw holes in the wastegate...what must be done with these? Thanks for your help!

(Here are the links to the photos)

http://s1017.photobucket.com/albums/af293/rdsinglesupra/?action=view&current=CIMG3534.jpg

· Registered
324 Posts
I am in the process of converting to single turbo and have closed of all the necessary water pipes but I am not sure about the nipples that are left over from the throttle body. If anyone knows what I must do with these (I have circles the nipples in red on the pics). I have capped of the bigger pipe at the back of the throttle body but i don`t know if this is correct.

Also There are screw holes in the wastegate...what must be done with these? Thanks for your help!

(Here are the links to the photos)

http://s1017.photobucket.com/albums/af293/rdsinglesupra/?action=view&current=CIMG3534.jpg

Those are going to be for your boost controller. If you are using a boost controller use it's tube routing instructions.

If you are just running straight wastegate spring then the top one is "vented to atmosphere" and the side goes to your boost source between the turbo and the TB.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe that is correct.

· 1995 TT 6spd
381 Posts
they are used either for your boost controller, side one will go to from wg to a tee which will go to the turbo then boost controller and top port to other side of boost controller, or the side one will go to vacuum source if no boost controller present

· Registered
195 Posts
If you are running off the spring with no boost controller, leave the top port alone. You HAVE to use the port on the side of the wastegate. The port on the side will just have a rubber vacuum hose going from it to the compressor (cold side) of the turbo. Look on the turbo, somewhere on the outside of it will be a little nipple. That connects to that side port on the wastegate.

If you ever want to run a boost controller, all you have to do is get a plastic or whatever fitting with 3 nipples on it, cut out an inch or so in that vacuum line you had going from the turbo to the wastegate, attach each end of the vacuum line to that plastic fitting, then the last nipple on that plastic fitting will go to the "in" side on the boost controller. The "out" on the boost controller will have a separate vacuum line that will go to the top port in the wastegate.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe thats how it works.

Can't really help with the coolant stuff, sorry. Take some better pics and give a better description and you might get more help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.