Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple people have asked me to post up pics of the water pump I had polished on my 2JZ. I debated if it was worth doing but to look at her now I am glad I did it! Looks sweet!

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll see if I can get some more polished pics up... I basically did everything! I did the lower radiator, the double neck oil return collector, the master cyl... I was gonna do the 97 engine brackets but I switched over to TRD and the 94 style is too short to really appreicate as much.

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wanted to, but everyone I asked said it wasn't really needed. Most I asked said they never heard of one breaking and also our motors are non interference. I buy all kinds of stuff I dont need so maybe I should have haha. I bought a brand new stock one is what I ended up doing.

·
Noise ≠ Power...
638 Posts
Sound Performance makes a billet belt tensioner for a reason, afterall... the stock cast unit has been known to crack on occassion and if nothing else, its good preventative maintenence! :bigthumb:

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ChizWizz47 said:
Sound Performance makes a billet belt tensioner for a reason, afterall... the stock cast unit has been known to crack on occassion and if nothing else, its good preventative maintenence! :bigthumb:
yep

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Raretoy said:
I wanted to, but everyone I asked said it wasn't really needed. Most I asked said they never heard of one breaking and also our motors are non interference. I buy all kinds of stuff I dont need so maybe I should have haha. I bought a brand new stock one is what I ended up doing.

I think you've been asking the wrong people IMO. There have been PLENTY of people break them. Hell, Woon broke like 3 in one day!!!
Also, it depends on alot of things whether or not your motor is non-interference or not. Cams, pistons, head decked/block decked, etc.
If I were you, I'd spend the money and get a billet tensioner.
BTW-2 people that I know that broke their tensioner and had HKS 272's, had bent valves afterwards. Both cars would still idle well, and run well, but both were down on power.

PS-Polishing looks great!!!

Tim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts