Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 black MKIV that has a single stage black paint job. Will it be safe to polish the paint since there is no clear coat? A friend told me it is unsafe to polish a car with no clear coat. My pain of attack includes... Optimum Polish with the Orange pad and finish with Menzerna's PO106FF with the white. I'm using the Flex polisher, which is similar to the Porter Cable 7424.

·
Registered
138 Posts
try posting your question on www.autogeekonline.net/forum/. there is a section for the flex polisher and the guys there have helped me out a few times...

The obvious thing is to start with the lightest cutting pad neccessary..

I just did mine but it has a clear coat...It was in decent condition but now is amazingly shape..I used Menzerna SIP on an orange pad, Menzerna final polish on a black pad and finished it off with a paint sealant. I also applied a carnuba wax to test and see if it was worth the money...Final conclusion is go with the sealant for a great shine and ultra smooth surface. The carnuba gave it a wet look I'm still on the fence as to whether or not it was worth the $$$'s....

good luck

·
Registered
40 Posts
Your plan of attack sounds fine, one thing though is you will have to keep on cleaning your foam pad because the paint is going to clog it up alot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts