Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Black is Faster!
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody polished the satin/silver wheels personally? I have access to some really good polishing tools and don't really see a problem in doing this. I will likely clear coat the wheels when done, any suggestions?

Of any wheels to polish, i think these will be simple, but let me know what you think?

Anybody nickelplated any wheels with good looking results?

Thanks,
Justin

M

·
0 Posts
I've been wanting to get mine dipped, but am gonna get 'em widened if I do.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It takes a hell of a lot of work and yes you will have to clear coat them when you are done. Polish only lasts but so long and without a clear coat you might as well not even try. You will need a jewelers rouge compound as well as a nice solvent to remove the original clear coat. It really is alot of work, and I have never seen it done on Supras but hey there's always gotta be a pioneer right?

M

·
0 Posts
I have been polishing wheels for awhile, as for the factory clearcoat, I havent found a completely safe way to remove the clear coat. Although a friend says that some DOT3 will do the job. As for the polishing, I would go with some Jewler's Rouge (White Chrome[the white kind]) and grate it up to a fine grade powder and mix it in a 20 oz. bottle with gasoline until it makes a runny pastey texture. Put that on generously and buff your heart out. This mix will work better than any polish on the market..

Hope this helps out a little ;) :D

F

·
0 Posts
This reminds me of my pet rabbit I used to have. His name was george.

-FeFe Bags

·
Black is Faster!
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MaxPrime

I've decided to get mine widened/dipped - I'll post results.
What are your's now? They look chrome already, are those polished? Please don't dip already polished wheels, i'll give you mine to dip :)

By the way, how much are you paying to dip them? This is a little off topic, but has anyone ever anodized their wheels?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts