• 599-699

Votes: 1 20.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am in the middle of deciding the price point for the Video + Data Logger (VDL) that I am creating. Basically this unit will record telemetry such as speed, G force, RPM, and Lap Times based on GPS tracking. This unit will also simultaneously record and overlay video via a video camera that will be included with the base unit; perfect for immediate viewing in between track sessions.

Base Unit includes:
1. VDL unit
2. 1x Camera
3. SD card
4. Cigarette lighter power adapter.

This unit is universal for all types of cars. Most track guys will love this unit and I believe enthusiasts like yourself may be interested as well for other applications.

What is the price range that you are willing to buy this product for? Please Vote!

Thanks for your time and I will update you guys on the status of this unit. I think this unit will be available by the next SEMA and I will most likely be selling this item as a sponsor on this site.

Edward Lin

·
Evil Shenanigans
623 Posts
Get ready for some low votes. However, sounds like a fantastic unit. I'd love to see some results from it, will it be able to break up the track into sections like the RacePak does?

Either way I'm looking forward to it and I'd be willing to pay for something that delivers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hehehe. yea i do expect low prices but i want to see a guage and see how interested people are in the unit.

do you mean break it up into sections of the track? meaning you can analyze sections of the track with different laps?

Ed Lin

·
Registered
304 Posts
Have you got any pics?

Is it something like this but with GPS as well Link

The GPS units with Video are pretty pricey in the UK, check out Shop Here

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
jeez. I assume you know the cost of the competing products? If I understand the functionality of your offering, any of those price points will be good ones. Willl there be other available inputs? such as suspension travel sensors, etc?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think a cheaper unit with the functions detailed above would appeal to a much bigger audience than a more expensive unit with lots of imputs that require wiring and sensors, these are already available and are not cheap.

Maybe offer two versions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wez, its still in the prototyping stages right now. No pictures as of right now. Yes i believe it will do exactly that with a data logger that we are providing. Pretty much the same thing for less. the video unit you showed me, thats just the video it self right? seems like it works with the DL1. i know the chasecam works with other data logging systems.

turbo: Yes external inputs are avaliable. we are thinking of letting the consumers hook that up those sensors themselves. we will probably provide throttle, braking and all the non tuner sensors. The tuner sensors, we will accomodate those and have those inputted into our system and our system should be able to read those sensors.

I think we will have a base version, and a fully loaded version and if you want something in between, get a base version and add accessories to it(cameras, sensors, wireless function...)

Ed Lin

·
Evil Shenanigans
623 Posts
do you mean break it up into sections of the track? meaning you can analyze sections of the track with different laps?
The RacePak individually breaks up sections of track, normally by turn, and analyzes the car's behavior through them. Speeds, cornering G's, time, etc. Using that you can attempt different lines through a corner and see what works best.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts