Votes: 42 21.5%
  • Down for long haul [>4wks]

Votes: 59 30.3%
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Search is broken, so it's unknown when this was last brought up. My car's been down since last Thurs with a flat, then seat covers came in same day, & I needed to finish the new stereo/PC install that's 1/2 done. Heh, the seats are in the living room, the tire's still flat, & the stereo/PC is done except for the LCD waiting on a custom mount. Five [5] days feels like an eternity, but it will be back up by this wknd. My '89 has been a DD since I put it together Mar 2005. My OldSchool '87 was down then parted out from Jan 2004 til Jan 2005, so I know how long hauls feel.

At any rate, I'd really like to see more running, than not!

Take care.

·
Akai Suisei - &#36196;&#12356;&#24407;&#26143;
10,377 Posts
Up. w00000000

No more of that long haul stuff for me. Already done that twice.

If I have to do it again, that's it! 3 strikes and I'm out!

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Running!!

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
running, but rich!!!

250 miles to a tank FTL

·
3M ENGINEER R.&.D
1,062 Posts
Up and Down.....

I had the car down for almost six months and I've probably only spent 2 weeks worth of labor to get the single bolt on and harness re-wired. When I got the car up and running, one rod failed and maybe due to over boosting (my fault). I will change my route to try not to mod this engine to get just merely 450hp. I'll be waiting to get my ECU stand alone and do it right. I'll be also rebuilding the internals completely (spare engine) and maybe go 1.5. That's all I have to say....

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
currently down for "supporting mods" to ensure this summers next mod will yield 600+RWHP :angel:

(the car will still make it to the SoCal BBQ but goes back under the knife when its over for a "BIG" surprise) :cool:

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts
Down....new engine and trans are ready to drop in though.

Dennis

·
Street Sleeper
1,114 Posts
My car is in limbo at the moment, it works and drives but I have taken it off the road to fix minor issues like weeping sump, cps o ring weeping and whatnot.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
This is the first time my car's been down longer than a day or two :( I'm working on getting a new transmission, but hopefully I'll be back up in less than 4 weeks. I've been down since late February.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Been down for 6 months. Should be ready to roll in a few weeks though. I just got my 272 cams/springs yesterday and that was the last part on my list that i was waiting for. Now I just gotta get them to the machine shop so they can finish my head up.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,246 Posts
been down since Sept 06... Ran form April - Sept off and on due to cam testing.

Should be up in june with a little luck.. Have lots to do always struggling with my car hasn't been up sable for 1 year for the last 5 years!
Big changes form 1jz.

2jz / new IC/new pipes/new fuel lines/ new paint/ new seats/new 67DDB/ AEM/ injectors/ fuel rail/ Diff clutch/ R154....

List keeps going... when i think of how much i've spent I start to cry

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
my car is up! altho some of the interior is apart from wiring.

however, im still down from the back surgery.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Car is up!!! Hopefully will stay that way. All the other things I plan on doin to the car arent motor related... For now!

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
both..

2jz is up
1jz is down
7m is 1/2 way down (needs some work, but I can drive it, hahah)

1 - 20 of 84 Posts