Supra Forums banner

Which one according to below described conditions?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am debating if you can only have one which to get? Here are the criteria:

Speed of car is really not as important as the "driving experience". I want something special to drive and own. For the record I am not a flashy type so those supercars that are flamboyant like the Ferrari's and lambos are not in the poll. Another reason I dont want the flashy supercars is the maintinance schedule. I want the car to have a reasonable maintainance schedule. I like classy cars so the GT-R is not really an option. Porsche's are very nice to drive but I find them boring, and if I just want something stupid fast I'll just drive a big turbo(s) Supra. So I'm looking for something classy, special, understated, clean, and usable for everyday although I won't use it everyday. So I'm looking for the car with "IT" or "X" factor not the one that laps the fastest around X_____ track. I will take them to a track, but like I said, I want something that drives special not just a time attack car.

Aston Martin V12 Vantage. Fantastic car to own and drive, with a suprising amount of daily driven poise. When I drove it, it made me feel special, i was smiling when I was driving it. It was impressively satisfying driving the manual transmission in a n/a V12 car. This car is impressive to hear, look at and feel. My favorite when you are talking about looks inside and out- of the three. Fav on sound and "specialness" but it is the only one I have actually driven out of the three. Made my heart beat faster when downshifting hearing that V12 burble crack and pop decelerating. Smiling now just thinking about driving that car. Steering was the best of any car I have driven. Love the Alacantara wheel, I want that on all my cars. This car is the most usable cargo, stereo of the three.

Mclaren MP4-12C. From the reviews it is the best drivers car in the world. Doesn't hurt one of the fastest too. Looks good to me, not stellar, interior all business like supra. I feel I can live with it though. I feel like the MP4 wont be a pain in traffic or driving it down narrow roads, bad freeways like the I405 and bad pavement of LA. Probably the best daily driver out of the three. I think with some rims and a good color inside and out will be fantastic. I think for a track day this one will obviously take the cake.

Lexus LF-A. I threw it in here because like most lexuses they work better in driving them than they do on paper. This one is no exception. I drove a LS460L the other day, and was impressed how composed the car was in "PWR" mode, comparing it to the Bentley Flying Spur I drove the year earlier -which IMO is the benchmark for that kind of car. It seemed a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Same story for the IS350. I would love to drive a LF-A i'm betting it would take me to a whole new level appreciation for it, even if X____ car is technically better/faster than it. That is why I created the poll, to see others opinions of the "subjective" qualities of owning a supercar like this that I may not have thought of.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You first. :)

·
Registered
899 Posts
I was looking at buying a McLaren, but they are just not exclusive enough. Sure they are fun to drive and look good, but there are too many on the roads. The Aston, I wanted was a DBS, but they just aren't a joy to drive; too numb. I would discount the Lexus, as it gets beat by the GTR. You should look into getting a Konigsegg or Pagani. I am waiting for a Gumpert to come on the market so I can trade my Miata in on it.

Or, you can stop trying to sound baller, and go back to driving your SC?

·
[///M] Humdizzle
1,130 Posts
I was looking at buying a McLaren, but they are just not exclusive enough. Sure they are fun to drive and look good, but there are too many on the roads.
I've been in L.A. for three months now. I have money, I have taste. But I'm not on anybody's "A" list, and Saturday night is the loneliest night for the week for me. Well, a Mclaren would certainly change that. Perhaps, Mmmm. But, you know, this MP4... I saw three of these parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me only one thing. There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam...

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I was looking at buying a McLaren, but they are just not exclusive enough. Sure they are fun to drive and look good, but there are too many on the roads. The Aston, I wanted was a DBS, but they just aren't a joy to drive; too numb. I would discount the Lexus, as it gets beat by the GTR. You should look into getting a Konigsegg or Pagani. I am waiting for a Gumpert to come on the market so I can trade my Miata in on it.

Or, you can stop trying to sound baller, and go back to driving your SC?
Thanks for the input. For the record, I'm not trying to sound baller at all- (not in my personality mix) I love cars, im split between some great ones. So lets keep the thread about the cars shall we?

·
out to lunch
2,602 Posts
I've been in L.A. for three months now. I have money, I have taste. But I'm not on anybody's "A" list, and Saturday night is the loneliest night for the week for me. Well, a Mclaren would certainly change that. Perhaps, Mmmm. But, you know, this MP4... I saw three of these parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me only one thing. There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam...
:lol: :lol: Can't believe no one got it!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Long as you keep it real and stop sounding like every 14 year old dreamer who pops in here.
Looks like you need to get out more, little bitter hmm?

looks like it's you that's doing the popping; Iv'e been here a lot longer than you bud.

·
on the serious note, having owned all 3, mclaren beats all 3 in a push race. the detailed work is exquisite on my aston. LFA on the other hand is just a magnet. the first two stay on the shelves and LFA, i usually dont move it from my fridge

·
Money Power Respect
1,008 Posts
Only thing worthwhile in this thread.

OP, R8 V10, fits your criteria best IMO.

·
Registered
126 Posts
If this isn't a troll thread: I can't really give much insight as I drive an 11 year old lexus... however in terms of resale I would assume the limited production of the LFA would keep its value the best? The McLaren I would think to have the lowest ownership costs, but thats just a blanket assumption about Aston's being expensive to own and the flagship lexus car getting increased prices just because you have to have Lexus do the work. The stories of McLaren customer service on the F1's is intriguing, however this launch is probably a totally different beast. Isn't there quite a price difference between all three however?

If this is a troll thread:

·
Registered
534 Posts
If this isn't a troll thread: I can't really give much insight as I drive an 11 year old lexus... however in terms of resale I would assume the limited production of the LFA would keep its value the best? The McLaren I would think to have the lowest ownership costs, but thats just a blanket assumption about Aston's being expensive to own and the flagship lexus car getting increased prices just because you have to have Lexus do the work. The stories of McLaren customer service on the F1's is intriguing, however this launch is probably a totally different beast. Isn't there quite a price difference between all three however?

If this is a troll thread:
OP drives 20 year old lexus. You're opinion is therefore valued as this upgrade is long overdue.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
R8 is a good one. I forgot about that car. Haven't driven one yet. I think it is a great car but if I had to choose between a R8 5.2 and a V12 Vantage, there wouldn't be a choice IMO- Vantage wins.

The 12C and the Vantage are pretty close in price but who cares, if you can afford one you can afford the other.

Grow up guys. The only trolls in here are the ones who are not posting any constructive relevant material.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.