Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Orin Bivens made some of these up awhile ago, I was wondering if they're still available, either thru him or SupraSport or Jeff Watson or whoever? If I recall, the price was pretty competitive with the stock mounts, and since one is broken on my engine, I figured I'd replace them with something that will last. The poly mounts reduce engine movement, but increase felt vibration from the motor, but not as much as solid mounts, right? Anyone have them installed? Thanks!

·
Registered
275 Posts
my friend recently made a set of solid mounts for me (f#@$ toyota and their stupid high prices). You do get more engine vibration in the car, but it's not as bad as I had expected it to be. There is definately more noise though. When i swap the motor to my built one in a few months, i'm going to be adding some rubber isolators to reduce the noise and some of the vibration.

·
Registered
543 Posts
AustinJ said:
Orin Bivens made some of these up awhile ago, I was wondering if they're still available, either thru him or SupraSport or Jeff Watson or whoever? If I recall, the price was pretty competitive with the stock mounts, and since one is broken on my engine, I figured I'd replace them with something that will last. The poly mounts reduce engine movement, but increase felt vibration from the motor, but not as much as solid mounts, right? Anyone have them installed? Thanks!
Here you go. I have a batch on stock and run them on my own car to help me with the 1:69 sixty foots on D/Rs. 254-371-1121 still is the cell number. The mount come with a life time warranty for the life of the car. 250.00 for the pair amd the mounts come powder coated too.

Orin B Sr.

O

·
0 Posts
Sure I got pictures.

Enraged said:
got any pics Orin?
These mounts were specifically designed to hold the additional stress of the 89+ 7M GTE, 1JZ GTE and 2JZ GTE motors without adding harsh vibration like solid metal mounts would.

Orin B Sr

A

·
0 Posts
Uhh, am I going insane or did you just post from two different accounts?

·
Registered
543 Posts
I have two identities.

Remember when the forum started back up and we hd to redo our accounts. I left the pictures of the mounts on my laptop and it hs the SXshutr account saved on it so for time purposes, I just let it log on automatically.

Orin B Sr

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Woooossshhh said:

EXACTLY!! :lol: :lol: :wtf: :wtf:

1.69 '60s!! DAYUM!!! :eek: would love to see some vids of ur Orin!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts