Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

Last weekend I successfully completed the install of my front bushing set from TM Engineering. They gave me a test set to install and report on, here's the info:

* Graphite impregnated self-lubricating "softer" polyurethane bushings

* Uppers and lowers, fore and aft (front control arms only, no rears). 8 bushings total.

* New inner and outer sleeves made from aluminum and steel.

* Grease for interface at subframe connection.

Installation was straightforward, with one caveat - the stock bushings were a *serious* bitch to get out of the arms. I ended up taking them to a machine shop to get them done professionally. We were unable to get the arms aligned properly into the press we had.

Improvements - no more ambiguous steering feel, steering sloppiness, control arm clunking, uneven braking, tramlining, *high speed vibrations gone*.

Basically, the car feels better than the day I got it. Everybody with more than 70,000 miles should get this upgrade, honestly.

You can get them here if you're interested:

http://www.tmengineering.net

Click on the "Suspension" tab, then "TM Engineering".

Disclaimer: I'm not a distributor, employee, or in any other way affiliated with TM Engineering, other than they were kind enough to send me a test set of bushings to evaluate.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Any comments on ride quality (harshness on bumps, noise, etc)? I've heard that the compliance of bushings can have a significant effect on handling but also on ride.

What did the machine shop charge to swap all the bushings? I've heard of someone getting charged $200 for just the lower control arm bushings swapped at a machine shop (not including the control arms being removed and resinstalled).

Mike

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ride is as good as stock. No rattles, bumps, etc. The compound they use is soft and self lubricating - I could deflect the bare bushings with my hands when they were outside of the sleeves. They may change over time, but I doubt it. The grease supplied looks like pretty hefty stuff.

I was charged $10 a bushing to remove & press after bringing them the arm. Took them about an hour or two.

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The whiteline bushings look cheap and aren't made by a speedshop here in the US.

If they were the same quality, I'd have had them months ago.. :)

mkivsoopra said:
that looks like front ones:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the whiteline bushings on my fronts, and they're really nice, though I have no idea about durability. I just got them in two weeks ago.

So Mike, any word from this company on the rears?

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
lets try a group buy ill email them and see?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.