Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

Last weekend I successfully completed the install of my front bushing set from TM Engineering. They gave me a test set to install and report on, here's the info:

* Graphite impregnated self-lubricating "softer" polyurethane bushings

* Uppers and lowers, fore and aft (front control arms only, no rears). 8 bushings total.

* New inner and outer sleeves made from aluminum and steel.

* Grease for interface at subframe connection.

Installation was straightforward, with one caveat - the stock bushings were a *serious* bitch to get out of the arms. I ended up taking them to a machine shop to get them done professionally. We were unable to get the arms aligned properly into the press we had.

Improvements - no more ambiguous steering feel, steering sloppiness, control arm clunking, uneven braking, tramlining, *high speed vibrations gone*.

Basically, the car feels better than the day I got it. Everybody with more than 70,000 miles should get this upgrade, honestly.

You can get them here if you're interested:

http://www.tmengineering.net

Click on the "Suspension" tab, then "TM Engineering".

Disclaimer: I'm not a distributor, employee, or in any other way affiliated with TM Engineering, other than they were kind enough to send me a test set of bushings to evaluate.

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Thats good to hear that everything turned out good. Any info on when we can expect the rear set to come out? Are they even trying to come up with a set?

Mike

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Great news!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Any comments on ride quality (harshness on bumps, noise, etc)? I've heard that the compliance of bushings can have a significant effect on handling but also on ride.

What did the machine shop charge to swap all the bushings? I've heard of someone getting charged $200 for just the lower control arm bushings swapped at a machine shop (not including the control arms being removed and resinstalled).

Mike

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ride is as good as stock. No rattles, bumps, etc. The compound they use is soft and self lubricating - I could deflect the bare bushings with my hands when they were outside of the sleeves. They may change over time, but I doubt it. The grease supplied looks like pretty hefty stuff.

I was charged $10 a bushing to remove & press after bringing them the arm. Took them about an hour or two.

·
NGAPINO
257 Posts
x X CLoud X x said:
wow about time someone got a bushing set, how much did you pay?
They are $189 according to their site. I believe this guy said he got them from free however as a test car.

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The whiteline bushings look cheap and aren't made by a speedshop here in the US.

If they were the same quality, I'd have had them months ago.. :)

mkivsoopra said:
that looks like front ones:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the whiteline bushings on my fronts, and they're really nice, though I have no idea about durability. I just got them in two weeks ago.

So Mike, any word from this company on the rears?

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
lets try a group buy ill email them and see?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.