Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it rained so I couldnt hit the track. I said fuck it, the car is out, Might as well hit the dyno.
The numbers were good, but I didnt think it would need as much boost to do it.
I guess thats what happens with lack of tuning and no cams or cam gears on a single.

Anywa 1st run was like 14.5-15 psi. Did like 330whp and 330tq.
Im like WTF, I exptected a little more.
So i put the boost controller on and set it to about 22psi, then it laid down like 450whp and about the same tq.

So I am like Ok, lets see how it does with a little more. . . about 26-27psi it did 508whp and pretty close to 500tq off the top of my head.
I left the sheets there. Im gonna go get them tommorow

I am depressed it took that much boost, but I said I only want 500whp to walk out the door. So 4 passes did it on my street tune.
Fuel pressure stayed very solid the whole way thru too. i was suprised.

But I guess that takes me to what the top 3 or something for my 1st runs on the dyno :gaysex:
hahahaha.
But moral of this story is dont let people tell you you cant make power on an SAFC. I am stock ecu and jsut SAFC. Cant wait till it gets cammed and has a real management in it.

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
sweet #s, can u post a full mod list just because everyone will be interested

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Basic stuff everyone else runs.
61mm turbo
stryder manifold
OPen dp cuz I havent finished it yet
MKIV 550's
SAFC
FPR
Wlabro Pump
Ebay IC
And thats about it really.

I prob coulda done more, but I didnt wanna really even go that far on the SAFC and my fuel, but fuggit, It kinda boosted higher then I wanted.
This turbo deff needs boost to wake it up. it felt rowdy as hell on 1 bar, but number wise it was weak until over 20psi

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
wow, impressive #s for the minimal mods, is that a t61, sp61, bl61??? oh and what wastegate / boost controller.

~scott

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
cams cams cams cams cams!!!!!

nice numbers though. I like it! 500hp 500tq... where's the torqueless 1J haters now :sadance:

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I might be off on the tq. I actually forgot the last run. But on all the other runs the tq was no less then a few lbs off the hp. It was deff more then I saw from other 1jz's. I could be exagerating though. I need to get the damn charts. lol

61mm, they are all really the same.
gt35r front wheel with P trim rear wheel. 70ar front and back
Boost controller is a Turbo XS dual stage
WG is a Tial 44mm

cams and management are deff next on my list, but no real rush. I took on another expensive hobby lately taking away from my Poopra funds.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
very nice! deff need cams.. wehre does the turbo spool at? what kind of fuel? 93/94?

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
turbo spools in the 3k range, full spool at 4k.
fuel I had a few gallons of 94 in and put 2 gallons of C16 in it just in case not knowing how high the boost would go

·
Registered
586 Posts
Very very nice. I was looking into a 61 too. Thanx for the info. Our mods list are practically identical!

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
yikes nice numbers, ya you really need cams.

·
2JZA70
2,536 Posts
OneJoeZee said:
cams cams cams cams cams!!!!!

nice numbers though. I like it! 500hp 500tq... where's the torqueless 1J haters now :sadance:
peak numbers dont tell the whole story now joe :nono: Im not saying the 1J cant make torque down low but you know damn well it wont make it like the 7M would :) nice #s though and congrats on breaking 500 rwhp.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
SDstreetracer said:
peak numbers dont tell the whole story now joe :nono: Im not saying the 1J cant make torque down low but you know damn well it wont make it like the 7M would :) nice #s though and congrats on breaking 500 rwhp.
I don't agree.
My torque numbers and and HP numbers were extremely close when I dynoed my car.
I also posted my sheets as well heree on the forums.
I had a 7m that was nicely modded and it had a kick - My 1jz with stock twins kicks equally as hard

Those numbers are really awesome man and glad now you know your car is doing what yu want it to do... :)

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my tq was pretty even on the way up with my HP. It might not be as low as a 7M, but deff doesnt need to be. I said it before. Number for number, I will run a 7M to see how true that theory is.

Anyway thanks for the props. My friend just hooked me up with an AVCR to play with. Next on my list is cams and management of some sort in the future.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
Have you checked for boostleaks and what not?? how was the tune (a/f)?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
how rich were you with the 550s. i'm running 440s on the stock twins, and i think i'm a fool for doing that. going to put the 370s back in. i think you have good #'s, but you really aren't running that "big" of a turbo. for a 61 thats not too shabby... :bigthumb:

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,263 Posts
sweet man welcome to the 500WHP club! When I get some more fuel maybe I can join the next club!!

·
Poopra King
2,239 Posts
Very nice....very nice indeed. I don't see why everyone is saying you need cams though, what's wrong with the numbers you made?

·
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Why would I have boost leaks? I dont get that question?

Anyway They say I need cams because of the amount of boost it too me to get there. IMO on that turbo. . . with a real set of cams and cam gears and a standalone I would make that power at like 20psi. Agreed the numbers arent bad, but I deff want a hell of alot more out of it. I wanna plant well into the 600's down on that turbo before I swap it. I kinda want bigger injectors real soon too. I wont run it that high on these.

Pete, I am taking like %30 fuel out across the board on the SAFC. Hence why I am not hitting boost cut. lol
Oh yea, the car was hitting a rev limiter at 6500RPMS. I thought about it last night why. . . . I think I was hitting speed cut. The dyno operator told me to do 4th gear pulls so I wouldnt smoke the tires on the dyno.
If I coulda drug it out that other 500-700 rpms to the real rev limiter I would picked up prob another 8-10hp I think

1 - 20 of 77 Posts