Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got my single turbo setup on but it's still not completely tuned. It dynoed at 442rwhp/380tq at 15psi w/ a final a/f of 10.2 so it's pretty dang rich, and the timing is very conservative as well. Anyway on w/ the kill.

I've just been itching to get a race since the install but seems like I can't find anything. Finally a C4 convertable comes up besides me but I didn't know if he wanted to race or not, he didn't look over or rev.

A little later down the road I heard him downshift and saw him looking over w/ a grin, I get a tingly feeling :D.
I downshift as well into second and I'm close to 5k rpm. I motion for him to just go and as soon as he did I went after him.

He probably had a car on me when he jumped and i pretty much just flew by him, I think he might've gave up cuz I know my car is faster but damn he was falling back quick. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

T

·
0 Posts
nice kill.... nah he probably didn't give up... those things have something like 240hp.. WEAK, i use to stomp on those all day without my nitrous, so yea, show's how slow they are LOL i bet he just wanted to see a supra get on it:cool:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
The C4 convertibles were way slower than the coupes too. Kind of like Mustang convertibles, they can easily be 1 second slower in the 1/4 mile than the coupe.

Get your Supra tuned to about 11.8 or 12:1 and you will be handing out serious beatings to most cars. :cool:

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,149 Posts
it's funny.. when I did my t04 upgrade when I raced people I let off because I wasn't sure if they where racing or not.. lol..

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
240hp?? Really?? I thought the C4 LT1's were over 300.

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,450 Posts
Yeah the C4s sucked on HP, but had lots of torque. They suck factory due to BS, but have lots of Potential :D

·
Registered
461 Posts
The C4's were rated at 300BHP and put down on avg. 250RWHP. The last production year of the C4's they made the Grand Sport (has white racing line on blue) have 330bhp.
I remember the beat down I had on one giving him a 2 car lead. I passed him so hard that I though he let off, but the roaring 350ci(as I was passing him) and his thumbs up after the run confirmed the kill.
:D

Oh the good old days! Hopefully soon, very soon. ;)

Thanks

Bobby Ali

BA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts