Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that i poped my head gasket on my 1jz. symtoms are it is pooring coolent out of the overflow. still has power. Ok the other ? that i have is where can i get a new head gasket from. looking for a good one. probly meatl head gasket if someone could point me in the right direction i would apresiat it thx. nick

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
So, let me interpret...
IJZ and BHG in the same sentence is not only an oxymoron, but moreover, sacrilegious, hence the papal prayers?

Uh oh, think I just started something :1poke:
Thats not what he is getting at.... pop in the past is spelled popped, not poped!! I don't think poped is really a word, unless the pope can make his own verbs!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
yeah and appreciate is spelt like that <====....

anywho...i'd do a compression test before you start tearing things down. lets hope its not bhg...were you ever low on coolant..over heating...???

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts

·
Street Sleeper
1,114 Posts
Thats it I don't know what to believe anymore, I thought 1J's were infalible and once you swapped out the boat anchor of a 7M all your problems went away.

J/K

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it dident heat up just poored tons of coolent out of the overflow. My uncle told me that it porbly was the head gasket. he said that the head gasket was probly cracked right by the cylender and head and went to a water jacket. he said that the compresion was what was probley pushing the coolent out. makes sence. yea ill do a compresion cheak when im not sick as a dog. thax for the help and yes i know i cant spell worth shit so piss off lol. later

·
1991 1JZ
1,157 Posts
thats what happens when the head gasket blows but your uncle must be some type of psychic in order to be able to tell you all that just from seeing some water come out of the overflow.

use the proper procedures to diagnose the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
is coolant spraying out even when the car is cold though? coolant bubbling out could be just a leak in the cooling system or a bad rad cap so the system isnt pressurized, or a bad water pump, clogged rad etc. so its just overheating.

usually a BHG involves clouds of white smoke and a lose of power, if it still runs strong like you said, sounds more like a cooling system problem then a head gasket problem.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts