Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Us And Them
Joined
·
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched already and found nothing much.

What i want to know is what size combinations and offsets and tires are popular, i'm looking for something that is going to be driven in ocasional rain but mostly dry weather.
I want to upgrade the tires to something lower profile than stocl (what i have now)

I'm planning on lowering the car 2" max
So i'm guessing what size rims you want will depend on the tire?

....and a place preferably in Canada that you can suggest.
Thanks alot oh loyal SF members of wisdom
 

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
Joined
·
3,378 Posts
adr, 5zgien *sp*, MKIV TT's, Volks most common i think
 

·
Us And Them
Joined
·
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can you simplify that at all, you're talking to a guy that dosen't know anything about tires

I understand the sizes but everything else i don't know if it's the brand or the type of tire or the offset.....you see where i'm coming from. :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
89 Black Beauty said:
can you simplify that at all, you're talking to a guy that dosen't know anything about tires

I understand the sizes but everything else i don't know if it's the brand or the type of tire or the offset.....you see where i'm coming from. :dunno:

For my MKIII i used simmons wheels to FF 9" and RR 10" X17" size

try this
http://www.simmonswheel.com.au
 

·
Us And Them
Joined
·
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the offset for the front and back? I assume that it's in the owners manual but my car's off the road right now.
 

·
Check Your Face!!!
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
stock offset on 16x7s was 37+ but 40+ work fine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,366 Posts
you obiously did not search, you need to educate yourself with wheel, tire and mk3 specs.

your question makes Nosense, POPULAR??? There is many applications so one will differ from the other.
 

·
Us And Them
Joined
·
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
porn-adkt said:
you obiously did not search, you need to educate yourself with wheel, tire and mk3 specs.

your question makes Nosense, POPULAR??? There is many applications so one will differ from the other.
if you read the first line in the thread.... then you would not have to be so cheeky.

I find it odd that everyone else in this topic has understood my question and found an answer and yet you can't figure it out.

Why don't you give me a link instead of firing off your mouth.

If i must then i can describe it differently:
I want to know what size tire and rim will fit.
I know that you can't put a stock tire on a 19" wheel, that's why i'm asking for combos that people have used, hence them becoming popular.

got it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,366 Posts
89 Black Beauty said:
if you read the first line in the thread.... then you would not have to be so cheeky.

I find it odd that everyone else in this topic has understood my question and found an answer and yet you can't figure it out.

Why don't you give me a link instead of firing off your mouth.

If i must then i can describe it differently:
I want to know what size tire and rim will fit.
I know that you can't put a stock tire on a 19" wheel, that's why i'm asking for combos that people have used, hence them becoming popular.

got it?
Everyone else is willing to SPOONFEED you. Again you have no idea about wheels, tires or mk3 specs, id be more willing to help you or anyone in that case if you had done a little homework. and again Popular makes NO SENSE.
 

·
Us And Them
Joined
·
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
do a search for "rims" or "wheels" or similar terms and you'll see what i found... nothing except people commenting on their rims they bought or a car forsale with those rims on it.

Again i say, prove your point and give me a link since they are so easy to come by.
 

·
Us And Them
Joined
·
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the link, that's what i needed
 

·
HKS T51R
Joined
·
2,732 Posts
Thats good that someone finally posted a link. I think sometimes people dont know what words to search for, or are to specific, and nothing comes up. I seem to have good luck when searching. But give him a break guys. He didnt ask a dumb question. Sometimes you just gotta bite your tounge and answer it. Good Luck on your wheel and tire selection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Simmons FR19

FF 9X19 offset 42 and FR 10.5X19 off set 49 tyre Continental Sport Contact 2 with 245/35/19 and 275/30/19 respectively
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top