Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Roll Tide
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are some pictures from the Porsche 250 this past weekend at Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, AL. The last two pictures are of my friend who was competing in a Skip Barber national race the same day.

· Registered
744 Posts
Yep, was there as well with my son and look like a baked lobster. Had my swapped GS300 in the car corral. Was a great race!

· Beats and Rhythm
6,558 Posts
I was there too. My parents drove their white Cayenne GTS and me and my brother road in his NISMO 350z (black).

Pretty good race! Ran into the Verizon/Porsche drivers at PF Changs last night as well. LOL

-JM

· Roll Tide
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, was there as well with my son and look like a baked lobster. Had my swapped GS300 in the car corral. Was a great race!
I saw your car. I had one of my friends with me (he's a domestic car kind of guy) and he said, "Why the hell would somebody put a Supra motor in a Lexus?"

I started laughing my ass off at him.

I was there too. My parents drove their white Cayenne GTS and me and my brother road in his NISMO 350z (black).

Pretty good race! Ran into the Verizon/Porsche drivers at PF Changs last night as well. LOL

-JM
Some of the drivers seemed pretty cool, others were very stuck up. But I guess that's the case with any profession.

· Beats and Rhythm
6,558 Posts
I saw your car. I had one of my friends with me (he's a domestic car kind of guy) and he said, "Why the hell would somebody put a Supra motor in a Lexus?"

I started laughing my ass off at him.

Some of the drivers seemed pretty cool, others were very stuck up. But I guess that's the case with any profession.
The two I was talking about were the two factory Porsche drivers, Timo and Romain. They actually did a short interview and autograph session prior to the race for the Porsche club.

Me and the family agreed after witnessing their lack of enthusiasm (and overall ethnic background and social manner) when we saw them outside the restaurant that they were most likely just "tired and beat up" from the race. One of them was walking quite stiff legged. LOL
I think they took my comment of "good race!" the wrong way, but I was implying that they did well since they finished and got some points.

PS: Lee Keen sure did well!

· Roll Tide
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The two I was talking about were the two factory Porsche drivers, Timo and Romain. They actually did a short interview and autograph session prior to the race for the Porsche club.

Me and the family agreed after witnessing their lack of enthusiasm (and overall ethnic background and social manner) when we saw them outside the restaurant that they were most likely just "tired and beat up" from the race. One of them was walking quite stiff legged. LOL
I think they took my comment of "good race!" the wrong way, but I was implying that they did well since they finished and got some points.

PS: Lee Keen sure did well!
The friend of mine who raced in the Skip Barber race is apparently friends with both of the Porsche drivers who I took pictures of.

I posted these same pics on Facebook and both drivers randomly tagged themselves in the photos. :lol:

Small world.

· Beats and Rhythm
6,558 Posts
The friend of mine who raced in the Skip Barber race is apparently friends with both of the Porsche drivers who I took pictures of.

I posted these same pics on Facebook and both drivers randomly tagged themselves in the photos. :lol:

Small world.
LOL @ Facebook. :facesjump

· Registered
4,340 Posts
One of my dream Porsches. I'd love to have one with a 3.8 993 engine and transmission. It would be built for spirited driving, Sunday mornings included.
Your dream car is a VW beetle with a bathtub on the back?
AWESOME!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.