Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering how much a port and polish job w/three angle vavle job might cost, and how much power would i look to get from it?any help would be great!!

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
Hey guys im from the Saint Louis Missouri Area and i called around and got a few quotes for the Port and Polish and Three Angle Valve Job and they seemed to quote in the area between 800-1200 but that was not actually removing the heads that was bringing them in and having them do it. The numbers may be a little off because it was quite a while ago that i did this but i do remember those numbers. If you are going to check just look in the yellow pages and call around and see what you can find. However I believe PHR had done the whole Port and Polish thing on an NA and they didnt get much horsepower out of it i think in the area of 10. If you DO this though all of it just adds up when you put more stuff on so depends on how you think, Save the Money or get all you need.
Later

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Getting horsepower out of an n/a is nowhere near as easy as just cranking up the boost like the turbo guys do. If there was just some racing team that used an n/a we'd have a yard stick for comparison- just detune from it. A little less lope or move the peak to a lower streetable range. Working this out with our own cars & our paychecks leaves in a bad spot. We have no way to make up for our "research".:( 1200.00 for 10-15 hp? Whew!
If it comes with an engine rebuild package it wouldn't seem so exhorbitant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts