Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior
1,476 Posts
Good deal. Any durability issues? This increase is with stock cams, right? I wonder if the same will fly for a 2JZ...... It seem as if whenever the mkiv series gets mentioned, prices rise!

·
LAG?? Learn to drive...
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problems, the only things i noticed were a noticable increase in power from idle to redline. the car had better throttle response[sp] and there were no adverse effects. i will mention that this head was shimmed for a turbo cam. but if you simply swap over your shims from your old NA head to this one there should be no problem.

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
isn't the 2jz n/a already at 10.5:1 compression.. start upping that and you better start upping your octane as well

·
Senior
1,476 Posts
Fluffy said:
Well, still a bit high for running on "normal" petrol with raised compression.
Yes but quite a few high perf n/a's run 11:1 or a bit more requiring 93 octane. Modern technology will adjust for problems regarding knocks if not too extreme!
The increased throttle response is from the compression gain! Should work well with porting to keep it going at elevated rpms. Thats what you do with n/a's. M3's peak at about 7.8 to 8k rpms & don't forget the "motorcycle engined" S2000! :bigthumb:

·
LAG?? Learn to drive...
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is a 7M head, not a 2j.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts