Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Snapped a few pics today I thought Id share. I got the exhaust manifold ported mildly...most of the material was taken out of the "collector" area. I should have taken some pics before the port job but I didnt think about it at the time. If anyones got pics of the stock post em up. :D

These two are at a shitty angle : :(

I got a small npr for christmas (thanks Dad :)) and it fits awesome. It pretty much sits where the stocker did. The inlet and outlet sit nicely too as you can see.

You cant notice the IC from a distance unless you're really lookin for it but I like it....its a sleeper ;).

Tell me what ya guys think.

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
lookin good!

let us know how the ported exhaust mani feels, i was thinkin about doin that as a cheap mod

·
Registered
762 Posts
That looks quite similar to my Skyline GTR intercooler, just a bit narrower. Nice job.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
if you could...

get a shot of the front of the car with the grill removed, or even just the front, but from further away. i have a sim. sized ic, and i want to see how itll look

thanks

BTW great job...

·
2,279 Posts
Porting the stock manifold is such a pain in the ass. Pretty much unless you get some carbide tips, the manifold will tear up your bits.

I need to start porting mine again.

·
On the edge of adhesion..
942 Posts
Lookin good, your gonna enjoy that new NPR. My friend has it in his car and he put down 334 RWHP @ 15PSI. Looks good in there also...

Khris

·
Registered
590 Posts
outofstep said:
Porting the stock manifold is such a pain in the ass. Pretty much unless you get some carbide tips, the manifold will tear up your bits.

I need to start porting mine again.
For sure, cast iron is a PITA to port.
Damn turbo elbow.:mad:

·
aka FredMk3
586 Posts
Ported exh mani, sweet! :) I want to know what difference it can make too. I was thinking to port mine too.

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
I ported my stock manifold. Pretty much looks like Silver's. I noticed a slightly quicker spool up. No real noticeable power gain. I used cheap bits and they didn't get torn up too bad. All in the all the job was worth the $5 in bits and couple hours porting. The only thing that sucked was I didn't use a mask and was coughing up black and silver crap for a few days.

:smoker:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Damn, that manifold to turbo angle SUCKS! airflow hits that wall and dies, the relies on PRESSURE to turn the turbine. That sux.

I imagine thats about the best collector approach that can be achieved with the stock manifold?

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
whoah that must be like a hundred horsepower gain:eek:

3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bdekoning said:
zach, need help piping that thing?
Yeah man....once the motor is in Im gonna piece it together myself and have someone else weld em together. Damn TIG class was full before I could sign up. :( Hit me up on aim sometime....

Adjuster....I have some shots from farther away but I have to resize them....

Thanks for the comments. :)

3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here ya go:

Its a crappy pic and my front end is like 8" off the ground...lol. You cant see it real well but like I said, I think Id rather have it that way.

·
Registered
945 Posts
NPR

are u talkin about the intercooler off the Isuzu NPR turbo trucks? How much better are they over the stocker and what kinda pricce? also how much different would pipe routing be?

Daniel

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
nice! i think im gonna stealth mine too!

Ang

1 - 20 of 25 Posts