Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many have done this? SP recommends we do this with the sp61gt, i'm looking into it but i wanted to see how many people have done this and their experiences.

:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
i spent tons of time porting out mine. Got rid of all the little casting burs and ported it a fair amount for better flow. Then went through and polished very smooth with a polishing cone. Come to find out it had a large crack in it...Oh well just have to do another one is all!

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Im sure it will work better, or just buy an after market exhaust mani, you can just by the ss mani and bolt/weld an adapter on it, sweet looks and better flow fasho lol

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeha i'm contemplating doing it on my own and buying a dremel and having some hackk-fun.
Any excuse to buy some "needed" tools right? heh heh heh

·
Registered
259 Posts
I just ported mine the other day. Bought the 450hp Lipp-Boss Turbo. The hot side inlet to the turbo is like 1\4 inch bigger all around than the mani. I just used a die grinder and port matched the two. Took out a considerable amount from the mani. Havent started the car yet but im excited.

The best turbo exhaust is the least exhaust.

·
way over budget
664 Posts
Kyle87T said:
Is it a big deal if the runners arent evenly matched after porting?
as far as lenght is concerned, no, they aren't even length to begin with. As far as diameter, it shouldn't make a difference since they are unequal length anyhow. I'd say this is definately something good to do. I've done 2 of them and I hit 18 psi in 5th gear at about 2700 rpm on my 60 trim.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts