Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Or Am I?
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i have a BHG. I don't have smoke from the exhaust. Don't have oily coolant or milky oil. The only symptom I have is that sometimes my car starts to overheat. When it does this, the coolant starts to "boil" over. I think that what's actually happening is the gases are going through the HG and into the cooling system. Any suggestions on confirming BHG? Oh btw, it's a 1987 Supra 7M-GTE.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

·
Tired of being sexy
530 Posts
Have you replaced your thermostat and its gasket, rad cap, and burped the system? Clogged radiator? I highly suggest OEM parts.

Also, does it actually spew out coolant from the overflow tank? Stick an empty water bottle in there to see if you are actually spewing out fluid.

·
Or Am I?
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have replaced the tstat and gasket. Also, replaced the radiator with koyo aluminum. replaced rad cap too. Coolant does actually come out but it seems as if it's being forced out from maybe combustion gases.

·
Registered
208 Posts
do you hear a "waterfall behind the dash" sound? You'd probably have that if gases were getting into the system. I had a cracked head and gases would be pushed into the cooling system....but my car never overheated and the coolant never boiled over. I'd say go to a shop and get them to quickly do a CO2 test and then you'll know for sure if your getting exhaust gases in the cooling system.

·
Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar
519 Posts
Get a pressure tester and check your cooling system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts