Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Super Moderator
14,011 Posts
I check the oil dip stick nothing comes out, and white smoke is coming out of my exhaust.
What do you mean 'nothing comes out'? As in, no oil or anything is on the dipstick? :oops:

Top off the coolant reservior with distilled water.

How much white smoke is coming out of the exhaust? Does it get worse or clear up under engine load/higher revs? What do the spark plugs look like?

· Super Moderator
14,011 Posts
Nothing is on the dip stick. The white smoke goes away after a bit, usually when it warms up. I need to take a look into the spark plugs. probably some time later this week. I'll update you guys sometime but if you all have more questions I'll be answering.
Add some oil until it measures full on the dipstick! Why the hell wasn't that your first reaction to seeing nothing on the dipstick? Why are you still running the engine with low oil?!?!?!

If the white smoke is gone after it's warmed up, I can almost guarantee there's no BHG involved. Did you do the valve stem seals while the cylinder head was off? Have you done a compression or leakdown test?

· Super Moderator
14,011 Posts
I did an oil change two months ago. A little weird that I'm missing all my oil two months after, but I'll heed your advice and dump oil in it tonight. I don't think my mechanic replaced the valve stem seals. I trusted him enough (he's been a mechanic for 40 years) to let him take care of it. I havent done a compression or leakdown test.
It's not all of your oil you see on the dipstick, just the top ~1.5 quarts or so. If you see nothing at all on the dipstick, add a full quart, then measure again. The points between the 'low' and 'full' mark is about 1qt. Many folks prefer to run a half quart over full just to help with windage tray/oil pickup issues at high G's when braking, cornering, or accelerating. Don't run more than that though.

Also look around under your car for leaks - MK3's leak oil. It's rare to have one that doesn't leak oil of any kind.

Like wise man say, there's two kinds of cars in this world. Cars that go fast, and cars that don't leak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts