Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SF Zombie hunter
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they came with ceramic turbines which cant be boost over 15psi for extended amount of time. I was wondering if is possible to upgrade the turbine to steel ones and u can venture over 15bar without worryin blowing the turbo up.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yes its possible, but no maker in the states has done it yet. In australia and in england there are shops that have done it. I currently have a set on low priority at a rebuilder, not so concerned now as i have purchased the turbo kit i wanted fromd ay 1, but i started it and i will finish it because someone has spoken up and wants them when done. Do a search, this is a fairly common subject.

·
Registered
929 Posts
it could possibly be done but from what people have found out, the price to upgrade the ct12a is just too high for what you get. many people would rather go single than spend money upgrading the ct12a's.

·
SF Zombie hunter
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i want to stick with stock twins because my power goal is not that high and i love the dual setup thats why.

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
2damax- What are you talking about, you dont even have a 1JZ???, you were talking about parting out your Supra because it had a BHG :dunno: A bhg is a weekend fix job!!

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
I don't understand..

Your power goals aren't high, but you want to upgrade the twins?

Upgrading the twins and getting a Y pipe, and the fuel you need to boost over 15, will total probably cost more then your Supra.

·
SF Zombie hunter
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no BHG lol, no overflow anymore, i checked everything i can and my 7m is running good condition. I just wanna try something new, 1jz will be a fun swap.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've got upgraded twins.. enlarged steels, bearings, wastegates etc... good for 2bar but they cost a lot. In retrospect i should have gone single.

PS anyone thinking of using larger twins to keep the lag down.. dont. Lag is huge on my twins... 4000rpm before full boost. They dont spool at all below about 2800.

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
That is the problem with twin upgrades. Expensive and you are still stuck using the Y pipe or pay tons for an aftermarket one.

It would be much cheaper to build a couple of twins on the stock manifolds both pointing forward.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts