Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys- I decided to replace the stock sub. I was trying to mod the car only if it benefits the performance of the car, but i finally gave in. So can you guys post some subs that are light weight. I did a couple of searches and someone suggested Eclipse Al subs. Anything else?

·
Registered
457 Posts
I was in the same boat. I got Nazar's sub box. Drops right into where the stock sub fits. I weighed mine and if I remember correctly it was right around 30lbs for the 3 JL audio 6in subs. It is more than enough bass for me, sound quality is excellent, and it takes me 5 min to remove it when I'm at the track. I usually just leave it in when I'm @ the drag strip.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Require about half the power of a Type R. They only need 150-200rms per sub to perform best. I have two of the 10's myself, and they're on 120rms a piece and get more then loud enough for daily driving. They are very tiny though, they don't look like they'll do anything but once you fire them up...they go.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Projectmk4>R1 said:
I was in the same boat. I got Nazar's sub box. Drops right into where the stock sub fits. I weighed mine and if I remember correctly it was right around 30lbs for the 3 JL audio 6in subs. It is more than enough bass for me, sound quality is excellent, and it takes me 5 min to remove it when I'm at the track. I usually just leave it in when I'm @ the drag strip.
Awesome.
One more question:
Where can I buy Nazar's sub box.

·
Registered
457 Posts
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124943&highlight=nazar

I just did a quick search for nazar. Look @ page 6 of that thread near the bottom. He sells a single 10 and 3 6in subs. Don't know why the box in that picture isn't carpeted. Mine came w/ black carpet. I went w/ the 3 6in subs b/c you won't really notice them. It looks stock. The 10in sticks out a little bit, but I'd have to guess the 10in might hit a litle harder. Either way the 3 6in subs are more than enough for me. I went with the JL amp that he recommends as well.

I'm sure you could put together a system for a less money, but I wanted something

1) light
2) looked stock and didn't attract much attention when people look inside my car
3) very easy to remove

I've had mine for 6 months now and have been very happy.

Good luck,

Clark

·
Registered
709 Posts
Jl W7 13" :bigthumb:

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
my 10w6v2 isn't that heavy, but that damn fiberglass/ wood box weighs like 600 lbs.

damn i gotta lose that thing. :( not worth the weight. well, sometimes it is ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts