Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just asking for advice on a little problem I ran into. Post install of my greddy 3 row, my blitz boost controller has no effect on the boost level anymore. It definetly worked before I put the fmic in. Now no matter what I set it at it, it has no control. I didn't get a chance to look at it yet because of the weather being so cold, I just want to get a general idea of what I should look for. Thanks for your time.
-Dave

·
ankle breaker...
128 Posts
could you be a bit more speficic? when it has no control do you mean you're not producing any boost at all, does the boost just keep on rising, or you can't keep it at a specific level?

b/c if it looks like you're not producing it could be a leak somewhere in the pipes... since you just installed it. You may have missing tightening something.

any info will hasten the diagnoses

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my problem is I'm getting plenty of boost. When I have my controller at 0 which should be close to stock boost, I'm hitting 17-18psi. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Its actually the cold weather thats doing it. Your EBC is working fine but the crappy stock wastegate is not very good at controlling boost. When it was was really cold around here, I used to see 21psi with my EBC set at 0. You will be able to boost lower once the weather gets warmer.

·
Dsm killer
339 Posts
is it possiable that on a stock mkiv you can boost over stock boost? With no mod's at all.

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
VeilsideTT said:
Its actually the cold weather thats doing it. Your EBC is working fine but the crappy stock wastegate is not very good at controlling boost. When it was was really cold around here, I used to see 21psi with my EBC set at 0. You will be able to boost lower once the weather gets warmer.
Yep, mine does this too in cold weather. :(

·
ankle breaker...
128 Posts
monty187 said:
wouldn't you hit fuel cut?
i don't think krister was talking about a stock supra. Yes you would hit fuel cut if you were to boost over 12lbs, however i've never had that problem in mine. Even in cold cold weather, i've had my car out and running in -20 degree (celcius, or -4F) weather
and still wouldn't overboost. However, spool was much quicker, and it FELT like it had more power.

Any supra with a DP is going to overboost, the stock wastegate for some reason can't hold it closed with a more free flowing DP. And i would imagine that most ppl with DPs will have a BCC or FCD. so no boost cut for them.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Yeah, I wasn't talking about a stock Supra. I just assumed that if he had a boost controller and a FMIC, he probably had a DP and BCC too.

·
Dsm killer
339 Posts
ok i was just wondering because i just got dyno'd and im just trying to figure out anyway possiable that my car dyno'd 308rwhp w/just an blitz sus intake. Its off topic i know but i have no pulled hoses or any t-mod or nothing. So I think its just healthy with that kind of dyno #. Can I have your guy's opionons? Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright thanks for the help guys. I think your right though because it really didn't act up like this until it got cold. Thats a relief :) Now over these next few cold months I need to try and figure out what my next purchase should be. So far I'm bpu +, I guess maybe I should go with cam gears or maybe some type of fuel control next? Any suggestions? And thanks again for the responses.
-dave

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Doubled, if you plan on buying cam gears, shoot me an e-mail. I was gonna polish my stockers and take out my Unorthodox ones. They are blue and of course UR makes the 5 blot design which is a lot better than AEM, HKS and all the other 3 bolt designs.

·
ankle breaker...
128 Posts
monty187 said:
ok i was just wondering because i just got dyno'd and im just trying to figure out anyway possiable that my car dyno'd 308rwhp w/just an blitz sus intake. Its off topic i know but i have no pulled hoses or any t-mod or nothing. So I think its just healthy with that kind of dyno #. Can I have your guy's opionons? Thanks
i think that's reasonable, your car is running strong (quite a healthy TT you got there). :) My car dynoes out at 298 at the wheels stock, although a 10 horsepower gain does sound like a lot for just an intake, i can see it happening.

B

·
0 Posts
monty187 said:
Monty, how many times are you going to ask the same identical question?

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=160839

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=161882

1 - 14 of 14 Posts