Supra Forums banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

· Registered
3,665 Posts
Hrm, think I like the DB meters better but the Chrono can be rotated and not lose the ease of reading the numbers. I'm currently running black faced gauges reverse EL, not sure I'd want white again anytime soon. They look good lit up though! do they have playback, peak\hold, and most importantly is the fuel pressure gauge a differential gauge? If it simply reads pressure without taking into account te pressure or vac in the intake I'm not the least bit interested. The differential gauge I have from apexi makes life 100% simpler with regards to fuel pressure!

· OLDDAWG
1,808 Posts
ThomasKenyon said:
Al98TT..... Looks sweet, can't say I have ever seen a gauge install like that.

Looks like a bit of bondo & fiberglass then prepped and sprayed the dash color.

It appears to be a very sweet job.

In my opinion, installing aftermarket items in a tasteful manner takes time and sometimes money. Too many people look for the easy way out.

Installing gauges in the A pillar or hanging off the right side of the dash takes no creativity and lacks individuality. If you honestly think it looks good like that then you ought to sell your Supra and get a CIVIC where crap like that is acceptable.

There!! That oughta get em' started.
Thomas I have to agree the install looks beautiful. However I could not see those gauges easily and therefore I would go for the A pillar installation as my first choice. I want to be able to read my gauges easily and without moving my head all around or turning the steering wheel. There is only one spot where I could put a gauge on my 93 dash where I could conveniently read it. Having said all of that I still thing his gauge setup looks really great!!!

· Registered
21 Posts
Re: Re: My attempt at a custom dash

BLACKDAWG23 said:
:eek: Hey O2+, how in the hell did you get a SUPRA to the PI! am i reading your location right? if it's true
then you got to be the only one there with a dawg!
Yes, I am located in the Philipines. :)

I wasn't the one who imported it here. Some guy bought the Supra brand new in Guam and broght it in. Paid a hefty sum of money for taxes. At today's exchange rate, he paid about $40,000 in taxes alone. :eek: In the end, I got it from him for $20,000 inlcuding a brand new engine from Powerhouse :D

As far as I know, there are only about 5 MK4 in the Philippines. And out of that, I think only 2 are Turbo.

~Manuel~

· Premium Member
7,355 Posts
Are there no peak hold gauges that read over 2bar? I know Greddy used to make a 3 bar once...

· Registered
3,665 Posts
talltrini10 said:
Are there no peak hold gauges that read over 2bar? I know Greddy used to make a 3 bar once...
Apexi EL Series I goto 2.5BAR. I'll be selling my white faced one soon.

· Registered
3,665 Posts
Very nice, please post pics when it's in the car and lit up!

61 - 80 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.