Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original JDM, orignal company only!! Not the new stuff since they got bought out!

These are from 1998, purchased from a local importer eariler this year. Brand new condition.

SSR Varden Sport Schwartz 3 piece forged, chrome center and polished lip. 18x8 front 18x9 rear. +19, +27.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know im not the only person on SF with pre-sellout SSR's

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice rims, wondering how you got it to fit flush on SC with those low offsets....I thought anything under +24 required major fender work?

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WanganCoupe said:
Nice rims, wondering how you got it to fit flush on SC with those low offsets....I thought anything under +24 required major fender work?

I didnt, and it does. I have the front with a slight camber and rubber spacers in the springs to get rid of rub, and i had to raise the rear end and roll the heck out of the fenders front and rear for daily driveability til i flare the fenders. Still rubs on occassion.

i got the crazy offset so i could flare em for that hot jdm look, just currently working on a single setup and no $$ to modify the fenders so the car stops looking like a 1985 camaro *******'d out.

·
hardtopper
2,409 Posts
Mine are pretty rare too multi-piece 18x9 front 18x10.5 rear SSR Agle Strusse

See sig

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
GP-O Decolte Evolutions (18x9.5/18x11.0) :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
i have brand new ssr's but i ordered them right from japan...no tire rack sellout versions ..mine are the real thing...probably one of the ONLY people to have the REAL SSR SP1's made in japan..from Speed Star Wheel..not SSR's Tanabe USA garbage ..took me 5 months to get them...
just got them 2 days ago..they look sick...plus the lips on the REAL Japan made rims are alot nicer and more agressive then the sellout ssr's of today....

not to mention i paid an extra 1k for my ssr's over the garbage tire rack version...
also again..i hear that the bought out versions of the rims (SSR Tanabe) arent as high quality of the real verions from japan..

Ant

·
Registered
373 Posts
IcedSuPrA said:
i have brand new ssr's but i ordered them right from japan...no tire rack sellout versions ..mine are the real thing...probably one of the ONLY people to have the REAL SSR SP1's made in japan..from Speed Star Wheel..not SSR's Tanabe USA garbage ..took me 5 months to get them...
just got them 2 days ago..they look sick...plus the lips on the REAL Japan made rims are alot nicer and more agressive then the sellout ssr's of today....

not to mention i paid an extra 1k for my ssr's over the garbage tire rack version...
also again..i hear that the bought out versions of the rims (SSR Tanabe) arent as high quality of the real verions from japan..

Ant
I also have a set of the original Japanese Sp1's. They are the shit.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
about 5 years ago my friend had bought a set of SSR competitions in 18's for his RSX....he loved them..the way they looked how light they were..
they were 3 peice forged and within about 6 months he already had 2 rims that were bent pretty bad from "not so bad" potholes..

so i tell him i bought SSR's for my supra and he tells me that they are garbage an all that and they arent as stong as they say and blah blah...
then i told him i bought my wheels direct from japan and that they arent SSR's they are actually Speed Star Wheel...nowadays there is a difference..

Ant

·
The Old Breed
328 Posts
about 5 years ago my friend had bought a set of SSR competitions in 18's for his RSX....he loved them..the way they looked how light they were..
they were 3 peice forged and within about 6 months he already had 2 rims that were bent pretty bad from "not so bad" potholes..

so i tell him i bought SSR's for my supra and he tells me that they are garbage an all that and they arent as stong as they say and blah blah...
then i told him i bought my wheels direct from japan and that they arent SSR's they are actually Speed Star Wheel...nowadays there is a difference..

Ant
OK, OK! We get it. Your SSR's are better than our SSR's. LOL.

Peace.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts