Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
with 5% all around... can you pass inspection? I dont know about in TX can get pass.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
playb0i said:
5% all the way around. I don't care if it's illegal here it's BAD ASS! Specially on black cars i think 5% is the only way to go. YES! do the same % all the way around otherwise it'll look retarded with a darker on back then front.
I agree.

You take really nice photos, Playboi! Post some more up :)

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
old man celica said:
a word of advice. Go with the same % all the way around. It gives the car a more classy look. metallic on lighter colors, and flat on darker colors. Trust me 30% all the way around. It doesnt look as good if the tint varies.
I agree. In retrospect, I would rather have gone lighter with all the same than darker rears and light fronts, but then again, I plan to do limo on my fronts soon anyways, once I find a place that'll do it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
check my sig, it might look dark there but is the darkest % still legal in florida.
edit: for some reason my sig is not showing :dunno:

·
TT This
917 Posts
StoplightWarrior said:
ninetyfive, what are the rears on yours??
They are 35% all the way around, your looking through the little side window and seeing the dark back window making it look darker.

35% gives enough privacy driving around and the cops leave you alone!! I don't like crazy dark windows either. Except on black cars :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Mine, 50% I believe....

My ride,

I think I'm at 50%.....if I recall correctly. Even at that lightness, it sometimes is tricky to drive with....I can't imagine limo tint at dusk, I would surely curb my wheels at some point....It would actually be too dark for me.

·
1 ur Mom warned U about
657 Posts
Here's mine

It's 5% all around, but the last time a cop checked it he said it was 2%. Maybe because my interior is black and it was night time :dunno: And YES! the front tinted. Pics are kind of big..

Have alot more if anybody wants them.

·
Registered
907 Posts
playboi's car is the only red car i like (not really, but i am not a fan of red cars...I love his). Those wheels are just biatch. :)

-Mike

·
Registered
317 Posts
5% all around, and 25% on the entire windshield

·
Registered
317 Posts
SpoolnV8 said:
I absolutly love this car... and playbois car... as stated above.. car looks great!! is that the stock red... it looks kinda like ABSOLUTLY RED???
Thank you.
(It might actually be up for sale in a couple weeks...)

·
Asian Sensation
1,209 Posts
thanks guy's i haven't taken anymore pics, been working on a new project as we speak. so i'll have more pics up in a couple weeks. only pics i have right now are under my name in the member section, there's a few there from the last shoot i took.

I don't drive my car enough to get slack for it, my friend's m3 has 5% and he got a warning going through asu by the campus cops there.

hyboost - i've been thinking about tinting the windshield as well how is it at night? would you recommend it?

thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
playb0i said:
hyboost - i've been thinking about tinting the windshield as well how is it at night? would you recommend it?
Definitely recommended. Absolutely no visibility problems at night, at least not from the windshield. The side windows are a whole different story though.

It really keeps the inside nice and cool, even if the car is out in the sun for hours. Stay at 30%+ and you won't even know its there while driving.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
hyboost said:
Thank you.
(It might actually be up for sale in a couple weeks...)

Would you sell the rims separately? Send me a PM if that's a possibility... Thanks :)

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
Did anyone had a problem in the back by defrost wire? I just got mine installed in less than 2 months ago and my tint got burn by defrost wire. So, I dont know how did happened. Anyway, my insurance will cover it. I only paid $50 for lifetime insurance. Im afraid my tint might get burn again but is there anyway to avoid it?

·
Asian Sensation
1,209 Posts
DragRacingSupra said:
Did anyone had a problem in the back by defrost wire? I just got mine installed in less than 2 months ago and my tint got burn by defrost wire. So, I dont know how did happened. Anyway, my insurance will cover it. I only paid $50 for lifetime insurance. Im afraid my tint might get burn again but is there anyway to avoid it?
if they have to scrape your old tint off you're going to lose the defrost. that's what happened with my car with the old tint.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts