Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone post pictures of aftermarket TT' Auto tranny cooler installs...

Thanks!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where are those lines run... and is it a pretty straight forward install.. or is there much fabricatation involved??

Did you notice any type of improvement?

Where did you buy the cooler and which part number is the best?

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
which line did you connect the tranny cooler to? meaning whcih is the inlet and outlet on the stock trans cooler in the bottom of the radiator. which line do i attach the aftermarket one? the left or right line . when you are facing the front of the car. Thanks I need to know asap.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Xdreamer where did you buy your cooler and which one?

THanks

·
Registered
849 Posts
Just unplug the tranmision line from the drivers side (US) of the raidator and plug it into the cooler and then run a new line from the raidator the the cooler.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where did you buy it from... part number? .... did you notice any improvement?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I heard people putting puller fans... is there any point or is that more of a road race thing...

and what fan.. or any fan would do?

·
Registered
849 Posts
I used the B&M 16,000 unit in the pics. But since then I have also added in the other side a B&M 28,000 unit. You can’t have too much cooling on a BPU auto. The fans will only help when you’re at a stoplight and the car is not moving. Summit racing and others make a cooling unit that comes with a fan but they are bigger in size and hard to find a place to put them. Im going to come up with a custom fan for my B&M units when I get the time.

70255 SuperCooler 16,000 GVW 11"x5-3/4"x3/4"
70268 SuperCooler 19,000 GVW 11"x7-1/2"x3/4"
70264 SuperCooler 24,000 GVW 11"x6"x1-1/2"
70266* SuperCooler 28,000 GVW 11"x8"x1-1/2"

http://www.bmracing.com/noflash/index.html

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
by percentage.. how would you guys say the 28,000 unit works..

50% better, 200% better.. etc??

Did you feel the tranny fuction better.. better shifts, faster shifts, etc?

Thanks!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so basically it just makes the tranny more efficient...?

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
It doesn make the tranny more efficient it makes the cooling of the tranny more efficient. The cooling of the tranny prevents damage due to overheating.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gonna do this mod fairly soon...

did you fabriate the mounts yourself.... and out of what?

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
blackbird said:
I used the B&M 16,000 unit in the pics. But since then I have also added in the other side a B&M 28,000 unit. You can’t have too much cooling on a BPU auto. The fans will only help when you’re at a stoplight and the car is not moving. Summit racing and others make a cooling unit that comes with a fan but they are bigger in size and hard to find a place to put them. Im going to come up with a custom fan for my B&M units when I get the time.

http://www.bmracing.com/noflash/index.html

Good info man...I run a Summit Racing 30,000GVW cooler, however - I like your idea of running two coolers. You said you have seen a 30degree drop - is that going from stock to your first cooler or when you added the second?

I am now seriously considering adding a second cooler...hell, it's less than $100, not bad to protect a $3k tranny and $1k TC!!

Jay

·
Registered
849 Posts
About 30 with both coolers at a constant highway speed vs stock. Also after a hard run the temp drops quicker. I put one cooler on the driver’s side and one on the passenger side of the bumper. I have a front mount intercooler so I had space in the passenger side.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Best Mod

A tranny cooler is the best mod you can do to an auto car. Trannies die because of heat. That 25% driveline loss autos have is all turned into heat inside the tranny. I'm not 100% what the #'s are, but I believe anything over 210 deg and the seals, plates ect start to breakdown. The 28000 cooler is only $50-60 from summit. Any garage should be able to install one in less then an 1hr. Very very cheap insurance--like jay said.

But the best evidence to getting one is to ride in car with one installed for 2 minutes (just 1 WOT run), then get out and touch the cooler. Seeing temps on a gauge is one thing, but when you FEEL how hot that shit gets and how quickly, you'll start running to Pep boys to get yourself one.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts