Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should be recieving my Tanabe 3" downpipe tommorow and I'm wondering if anyone actually dyno'd their MKIV with just a 3" downpipe and factory catback.

I'll have the following as of tommorow:

3" DP
K&N Panel Filter
Homemade MBC (maybe)

I just figured the downpipe was the best bang for my buck for right now as my funds are limited and the cat-backs are pricey.

I searched a while back and found one guy that claimed 406whp at 16psi with 3" DP and stock exhaust...

Thanks,
Daniel

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I did 400 with stock exhaust, it will hender flow a bit, but at those power levels it shouldnt be significant. Research the springmod and you should be putting 400+ on 93 at 18psi. I just had intake and downpipe and bcc when I did that when I first got my car.

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
just dp=~300rwhp

·
Old School
4,126 Posts
Just a DP on my car was 342 rwhp.

·
Old School
4,126 Posts
Accel Junky said:
At what boost pressure?
I think it was 13~14 psi. This was nearly 6 years ago.

·
Old School
4,126 Posts
KevinB6876 said:
Actually, I could be wrong, are you manual or automatic? If you're manual, then maybe 342rwhp is possible.
6 speed.

Keep in mind that bone-stock manuals dyno 300+ rwhp at 11 psi through the very restrictive converters.

·
Administrator
17,266 Posts
My Supra dynoed 305 rwhp bone stock at 11 psi (blended gas). I'm guesstimating 330-345 rwhp with just a downpipe if everything is healthy.

Steve T.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
i had my downpipe on w/ stock exhaust for awhile last summer... 2 things to note:

- i couldn't boost past 14psi
- boost response was *very* slow

the stock cats are a huge restriction... if you keep them on, your peak numbers might be 330-340 as others have said, but power under the curve will not be so hot. remove the cats, and your car will feel a lot faster at the same boost level.

·
Registered
285 Posts
This isn't just a DP but I have:

HKS Hard Pipe Kit
Tanabe G-Power Medallion
Tanabe DP
Silicone Vaccum Hoses
K&N Filter

390 @ Crank.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Lagtime said:
6 speed.

Keep in mind that bone-stock manuals dyno 300+ rwhp at 11 psi through the very restrictive converters.
Yeah maybe I'm being conservative. Out here in Cali, we have shitty 91 octane, and I'm an auto also.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I jsut put my hks one on. After trying to blast in traffic on the way to work today, id have to say that there is nothing to write home about. Ill try again later.

mods: dp, intake, and bcc

·
Im da TRAIN, u on da trax
666 Posts
on a side not of the same subject...

i have a RMM dp for sale if anyone is interested...

$100 plus shipping, and 3% if u pay paypal

PM me if interested

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
i was looking for one for 3 weeks. You should have posted earlier, especially given that we are in teh same state.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts