Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mainly wondering what the best times are for a BPU plus car on dr's w/o VPC and/or fuel controllers. Please post your time and trap speed here if you have the stock twins, no n2o and just make a note if you have fmic, vpc, sfc/afc, full slicks. Thanks and please drive thru.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WayneCar said:
Rob,
Without any +'s I went [email protected]
Best trap was 120.70 mph.
This was on Nitto DR's and 100 octane.
BTW, how is that beast of yours running?
Wayne(The "other" Red HardTop)
You know Red Hardtop's rule. :) I just got a best at Cecil friday night. [email protected] on 94 octane and dr's, still no VPC or Fuel controller but just about everything else. I have exhaust cam gear, ud pulleys now and I got more boost by getting rid of the flowmaster muffler. I can now finally hold 18 psi to redline, with the flowmaster I don't know if you remember but I could only maintain ~ 16 psi to redline. I got a 1.81 60' to help the cause. I also did a 1.77 60' after that but was spinning at the top of first, short shifted into 2nd still spinning and then broke em loose in 3rd trying to hold it straight. I didn't like than lane as well, got a 11.81. I wonder how much longer the poor stock clutch will last. I don't dare go to slicks for that reason. On the first run I was hitting the rev. limiter for atleast the last 60 ft. or it would have trapped higher. I can't believe the top end pull on our cars, I gained over 28 mph in the last 1/8 mile. I know wingless Tony from KC area has done 126+mph and Tony the Silver Bullet has done 124+mph but I think they both have fuel controllers and Wingless Tony has a VPC also.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
AWESOME TIMES!

Rob,
Fantastic! 124 on pump gas! I'm sure that is a
stock twin record on pump gas. That is one mean
HardTop you have there!
Congrats!!!!!
Wayne

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Rob,

I'm sure I'll hear about your runs from my father, for he was at Cecil friday night. Congrats on those awsome times! Those are Damn impressive... :bthumb: Those traps are faster than Silver Bullet on Drag radials.... I tell you that 11.2 looks more reachable everyday.

Matt ( In desperate need of a clutch and drag fix :( )

PS- What was your 1/8 mph? on the 124 run...

S

·
0 Posts
My best so far has been a [email protected], but i have an auto so im not going to get that high mph that the 6speeds can get. that was with rmm dp, apexi gt spec, hks evc ez, hks intake. @19psi.
I was at the track "Mason dixon" saturday march 2nd with waynecar, i must say he has a very clean car too, nice to meet you.

jason

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My 1/8 mile was [email protected], thanks guys. Didn't Tony hit 98 mph in the 1/8, my car must pull like a mutha in 4th gear, if I had a little taller tire I might have hit 125. I was hittin the rev. limiter for atleast 60 ft. in 4th gear. I should have gotten some 104 octane before I got booted for running the 2nd 11.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Rviscosi said:
My 1/8 mile was [email protected], thanks guys. Didn't Tony hit 98 mph in the 1/8, my car must pull like a mutha in 4th gear, if I had a little taller tire I might have hit 125. I was hittin the rev. limiter for atleast 60 ft. in 4th gear. I should have gotten some 104 octane before I got booted for running the 2nd 11.

Yes..he did on ETs though. You will pick up some mph with the ETs, Tony and Brian both did. Anyway, Atleast you got more than one 11 run...I was booted on my first 11 sec. pass. Throw some 104 in the next time and I'm sure you'll get higher mph. Congrats again.

Matt

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
Damn Rob....Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wish i could have seen it. Cecil is a very fast track!! It was nice and cold too this past friday nite. My best et is 11.48 @ 124.34.......You are very very close to out trapping me.....that is awesome. My 1/8 mph was 98.80 MPH. The run was a 1.85 60' on ET streets. You say you were spinning alot of the first part of track?? Normally if you spin and maintain forward momentum....you will always have high trap speeds. That is the theory of course. When you hook..traps will get a little lower but ets should go down. That is an awesome time rob!!! I am anxious to see some more times from you this year. Better get as many runs in in this cold weather. Once it gets hot, times will go down a little bit..and be alot tougher to get the times. Get an afc rob, run 104 gas, get some et streets....and lets see what you got :) You are close , very very close.....but not quite there. "Trying to get ya fired up " i want to see someone beat my time....because i 100% know that 10.99s are possible on stock twins. Rob what undrive pulleys you have? ALL but the crank or crank pulley as well?
Once again congrats Rob......and Wayne......Come on now.....time for you to step it up....:) And Matt.....just go buy a HKS G max sprung clutch or the Carbon and carbon and be done with it.....so we can see what you can do :)

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Damn Rob!!!!!!

-when where you planning on telling me!??! what I move to Philly and all of a sudden you don't talk to me anymore>!? haha....

-looks like I gotta get my butt to Cecil soon!

Jay

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Silver Bullet said:
Damn Rob....Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wish i could have seen it. Cecil is a very fast track!! You say you were spinning alot of the first part of track?? Rob what undrive pulleys you have? ALL but the crank or crank pulley as well?
Once again congrats Rob......and Wayne......Come on now.....time for you to step it up....:) And Matt.....just go buy a HKS G max sprung clutch or the Carbon and carbon and be done with it.....so we can see what you can do :)

I got all the pulleys including the crank. Every little bit helps, I spun on my 11.81 in the right lane, the left lane seemed great. It just depends on who spills what where. I wish I could have done it the week before when all you guys were there but I was bogging to much off the line. I was done by 7:00, had 3 runs in already, it wasn't nearly as busy. When you gonna have the silver bullet ready for some shake down runs?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Philly Single said:
Damn Rob!!!!!!

-when where you planning on telling me!??! what I move to Philly and all of a sudden you don't talk to me anymore>!? haha....

-looks like I gotta get my butt to Cecil soon!

Jay

:) I have been trying to get you to come to a track with me for a long time and it never seems to happen. When is good for you? I am banned from Cecil but I plan on getting booted out of Maple when they open in early April. Shall we shoot for 4/6 at Maple Grove?

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Rviscosi said:

:) I have been trying to get you to come to a track with me for a long time and it never seems to happen. When is good for you? I am banned from Cecil but I plan on getting booted out of Maple when they open in early April. Shall we shoot for 4/6 at Maple Grove?
Hehe...yeah-yeah, I know! But shit...my car's always been in the shop! Anyway - yes, first weekend of April...giddy up!

Jay

N

·
0 Posts
Wow, those are really great times. Did you guys every try running the C16 116 Race fuel?? I would think that you give you 1-2 degrees more timing than 100 octane.

Phil

·
...For Me to SUP On!!
211 Posts
are all of you guys running in sequential or TTC?

what size/brand drag radials seem to work the best for these setups?

thanks,
Jeff

S

·
0 Posts
I always run in seq. at the track, i have found that there is at least a .5 second difference between seq and ttc. But i have an auto so im not sure how the 6speed drives in ttc. but i ran a [email protected] so once i get my stall in and turn up the boost a little and get some drag radials i should be able to hit mid 11's.

gt spec
rmm dp
hks intake
hks evc ez

·
Registered
88 Posts
Damn I had no Idea you guys are pulling these kind of times on stock turbos!!

I have wanted an RX-7 for a long time, but for the past year I'm slowly coming around to the MKIV :) :)

·
Sleeper King
2,235 Posts
Did you guys every try running the C16 116 Race fuel??
116 would be overkill. 100 to 104 should be suffice. More octane isn't always a good thing.
I ran 100 octane to run that [email protected] I've run 110 octane before, and gained nothing from it, except for a lighter color residue on my exhaust tip, and risk of ruining my O2 sensor from the leaded gas.

sorry, went off on a tangent :) just an fyi

chris
T78

1 - 20 of 23 Posts