Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post your catch can mod. I need some ideas to build one instead of buying one for like $90.

Thinking about Jazz can style.

Thank You

lamarossa

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
you didnt spend any money on any real parts at did you?

just get a coffee can, some silver spray paint, some garden hose, and you should be good to go

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
heheheheheheh

First of all I think its dumb to spend like $90 for a metal can with an air filter and two inlet like greddy.

I can make one in about 2 hours for $20

I really need picture to see where u guys runs the hoses

Thanx Lam

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
i goes from the two hoses to teh catchcan, then one hose from the catch can to teh accoridian. teh can shouldnt leak air.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
It shouldn't even cost 20 bucks man. Just buy the NA Y pipe that connects the valve covers together and run a 5/8" hose down under the car and let it vent there. That's what I have had as well as many others with no problems at all.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
These type of catch cans mods are detrimental to the car, as there is no vacuum to draw up the sludge/fumes. When it's attached to the intake there is vacuum.

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Ive seen many many setups and they all varies..

I have my Y connector pipe connected to greddy catch can with a lil filter on the second port. some people say its best to reroute it back into the intake (on the accordin hose) and some say route it back to the 3000 pipe (The one that has port opening which I capped it from the stock bov)

which is the best solution?

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
LamaRossa said:
Please post your catch can mod.

My Summit $29 mod, sawed it in half to shorten & glued back together, good to go. I honestly thought it would melt that close to the turbo but so far so good.

crap i forgot how to attach!

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
its unmetered air. plain and simple, letting it out of the system is not ideal, but ittl work.

Ang

EDIT: oooops that typo/bad wording, my bad

·
Impeller Head
2,832 Posts
Yes, it's better to keep it a sealed system. Here's mine. I tapped a third hole on the can and routed a hose back to the intake pipe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts