Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
Joined
·
12,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*** DO NOT REQUEST MAPS FOR YOUR SETUP PLEASE ONLY POSTS MAPS WITH SETUP***

If you have a EMS why not take a picture or upload the file here of the table so others can learn and gain experiance.

Here are some form the 1jz section.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349678

Let see em boys!

REQUIREMENTS!!!

Post
A description of your setup
Type of EMS
Version of software
Modifications
 

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
Joined
·
12,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No any EMS even piggy backs like EManage

AEM, Haltec, emanage, power fc ect ect. try to keep the clutter text out guys set up new discussion threads relating to the specific maps as i can see this getting real large real quick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
496 Posts
JamesN1830 said:
Key points.....

AEM version 1.11
GT42-70
6 speed
75lb RC injectors
280 cams
No IAC
AEM 3.5 bar
2 step makes ~15lbs on the line
Shift light set using A/F switch
James, I've been looking at your map and I can't figure it out. Your base fuel map looks like a standard cell by cell map, although you are also using boost comp and thottle mod. Did you build this map yourself? It looks like it's build for pump gas up to around 18 psi?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
378 Posts
James, thanks for the map bro, how did you manage to run without IAC motor bro, I could not get my shit to idle at all w/out IAC. Lemme know

JamesN1830 said:
Key points.....

AEM version 1.11
GT42-70
6 speed
75lb RC injectors
280 cams
No IAC
AEM 3.5 bar
2 step makes ~15lbs on the line
Shift light set using A/F switch
 

·
1,150+ rwhp club
Joined
·
4,438 Posts
Kevin Hoare said:
James, I've been looking at your map and I can't figure it out. Your base fuel map looks like a standard cell by cell map, although you are also using boost comp and thottle mod. Did you build this map yourself? It looks like it's build for pump gas up to around 18 psi?


yes to all of it.
There's more then one way to skin a cat. My o2 fb is basically 0% on this map. This map started out as a base map.

Let me give you my rational....

Everything seems to be based off the main fuel map. Everyhing else trims it. By changing the main fuel map on the different boost levels I was able to get less triming all around. I generally tune for O2 FB removing 2% or less of fuel. I know some of you will say that defeats the point of having boost comp and 02 FB, but I like to use those as safty nets for different conditions. Also, I know that if I loose a WB sensor, I can turn off the 02 FB and be pretty darn close and not have to worry about getting it home or what not (usually have a lappy with me).

As for the 18psi thing... I tuned this based off my fueling habbits. Think of it as 2 maps. upto 18psi is pump gas... under 25 psi would be a mix. Anything over 25psi is going to be straight race gas. You can see that trend in my ig table. The only problem I may have with this approach is some of the transitions if running race gas. So far it has not been an issue.

Like everyone else, I'm still learning. I'm always open to constructive criticism.
 

·
1,150+ rwhp club
Joined
·
4,438 Posts
Stringer Bell said:
James, thanks for the map bro, how did you manage to run without IAC motor bro, I could not get my shit to idle at all w/out IAC. Lemme know

idle screw set to 950ish rpm.
 

·
1,150+ rwhp club
Joined
·
4,438 Posts
Here is one other tune...

I pulled this off a friend's car. This tune was done by a very well known tuner. This is not my tune, nor have I ever touched it. It is however what drives his car.


Points....
GT42-74 DBB
272 cams
1000cc injectors
p n p head
TH400
nitrous
5 bar
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
496 Posts
JamesN1830 said:
yes to all of it.
There's more then one way to skin a cat. My o2 fb is basically 0% on this map. This map started out as a base map.

Let me give you my rational....

Everything seems to be based off the main fuel map. Everyhing else trims it. By changing the main fuel map on the different boost levels I was able to get less triming all around. I generally tune for O2 FB removing 2% or less of fuel. I know some of you will say that defeats the point of having boost comp and 02 FB, but I like to use those as safty nets for different conditions. Also, I know that if I loose a WB sensor, I can turn off the 02 FB and be pretty darn close and not have to worry about getting it home or what not (usually have a lappy with me).

As for the 18psi thing... I tuned this based off my fueling habbits. Think of it as 2 maps. upto 18psi is pump gas... under 25 psi would be a mix. Anything over 25psi is going to be straight race gas. You can see that trend in my ig table. The only problem I may have with this approach is some of the transitions if running race gas. So far it has not been an issue.

Like everyone else, I'm still learning. I'm always open to constructive criticism.

Thanks for the info James. I think this forum will be interesting. I'm sure we can all learn from each other.

I understand the concept of throttle mod and boost comp, however I can't see how it would work the way you've done things. Maybe you can help me understand? Let's use the example of a WOT pull. Wouldn't your AFR's in the boost region get richer as your boost increased? Usually boost comp alone being 1:1 with pressure compensates for boost. In your map you're adding 12% more fuel at 217kPa then you are at 130kPa.

Another interesting comparison to my map is that I'm running 75lb injectors as well. If I adjust my map to the same microsec/bit level our idle fuel raw #'s look the same. However you're running with -40% trim at 0% throttle. What else would effect how different our raw fuel table #'s could be?

My map is built using boost comp only without throttle mod. I basically tune the map cell by cell. Above 130kPa my map is essentially 2d.

Kevin.
 

·
1,150+ rwhp club
Joined
·
4,438 Posts
For us DIY's this is going to be a great thread.



Kevin Hoare said:
Thanks for the info James. I think this forum will be interesting. I'm sure we can all learn from each other.

I understand the concept of throttle mod and boost comp, however I can't see how it would work the way you've done things. Maybe you can help me understand? Let's use the example of a WOT pull. Wouldn't your AFR's in the boost region get richer as your boost increased? Usually boost comp alone being 1:1 with pressure compensates for boost. In your map you're adding 12% more fuel at 217kPa then you are at 130kPa.
The only explaination I have for this turbo efficency area. I'm on a GT42. I saw as much as 30+ hp per 1 lb of boost gains on the dyno when I went above 25lbs.
I tuned this car based off O2 FB correction. Make a pull, log, examine, add or subtract fuel as needed to get 02 fb as close to 0 on the rich side as possible. Mind you I did make sure other trims weren't skewing my numbers such as temp and what not.

Another interesting comparison to my map is that I'm running 75lb injectors as well. If I adjust my map to the same microsec/bit level our idle fuel raw #'s look the same. However you're running with -40% trim at 0% throttle. What else would effect how different our raw fuel table #'s could be?
.

I honestly don't know. This could be a classic case of each car is different. Maybe flow rates of the injectors? Maybe since I'm not running an IAC? Maybe due to my cams. I shoot for 14:1 with my 280's to achieve a smoother idle. What AFR do you shoot for at idle?


What's weird about boost comp vs other maps I've looked at is, most every map I've downloaded looks similar to mine where it jumps up on fuel depending on boost. Granted, most of them have plateau's like the other map I posted. I just assumed it was due to not investing alot of time and letting 02 fb take over while the plateau gets it close.

This is definately a instance of more then one way to do it. :sadance:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,081 Posts
I have a hybrid map myself and could drive without O2 FB and still get awesome MPG. I get 28mpg on the hwy on this map going between 70-80mph. Don't blow up your motor with this map and blame me if you don't have Meth installed.

Stock Twins, TTC
GM 3bar
264 Cams
Derek Meth Kit that comes on at 14psi. With no meth max boost is at 14psi.
6spd
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,081 Posts
JamesN1830 said:
For us DIY's this is going to be a great thread.





The only explaination I have for this turbo efficency area. I'm on a GT42. I saw as much as 30+ hp per 1 lb of boost gains on the dyno when I went above 25lbs.
I tuned this car based off O2 FB correction. Make a pull, log, examine, add or subtract fuel as needed to get 02 fb as close to 0 on the rich side as possible. Mind you I did make sure other trims weren't skewing my numbers such as temp and what not.




I honestly don't know. This could be a classic case of each car is different. Maybe flow rates of the injectors? Maybe since I'm not running an IAC? Maybe due to my cams. I shoot for 14:1 with my 280's to achieve a smoother idle. What AFR do you shoot for at idle?


What's weird about boost comp vs other maps I've looked at is, most every map I've downloaded looks similar to mine where it jumps up on fuel depending on boost. Granted, most of them have plateau's like the other map I posted. I just assumed it was due to not investing alot of time and letting 02 fb take over while the plateau gets it close.

This is definately a instance of more then one way to do it. :sadance:
I never used O2 FB above 3300 or above 160kpa. I did my tuning at WOT and watched my AFRs then adjusted it accordingly to get 11.5 AFRs from a 4th gear pull starting from 3k all the way to 7k.
 

·
1,150+ rwhp club
Joined
·
4,438 Posts
mk4umha - Your map really reminds me of mine. I've seen a few evo guys use the Nitrous control to control the meth kit. Seems to help them have more flexibility. The one thing I noticed about your map is the Ig map. Your peak Tq numbers really drop ALOT! Your 4400 rpm is kinda peaky. Rough transitions are where I usually see my knock. I always try to keep my transitions more flat and smooth. It's cool to see something like that working :bigthumb: Thankyou for the map.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,081 Posts
JamesN1830 said:
mk4umha - Your map really reminds me of mine. I've seen a few evo guys use the Nitrous control to control the meth kit. Seems to help them have more flexibility. The one thing I noticed about your map is the Ig map. Your peak Tq numbers really drop ALOT! Your 4400 rpm is kinda peaky. Rough transitions are where I usually see my knock. I always try to keep my transitions more flat and smooth. It's cool to see something like that working :bigthumb: Thankyou for the map.
I wanted to save the Nitrious control for Nitrious :). I had to drop my timing that low to keep it from knocking, once I did though, the torque went up alot. Last time before I dropped timing that much, I was making a max of 380/380 according to the Math Dyno. Then i went and dyno'd my car to make sure it was correct and sure enough it was 380/380 all the way across.

After dropping timing that much, I make 430/430 at the wheels (depending on air temp). I attached the math dyno library for your use. It's awesome.

Be sure to change the Gear ratios to 3.13. in the Maths Library.

here's the thread on how to use it.
http://forum.aempower.com/forum/index.php?topic=2279.0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
496 Posts
James, what is an equivilant of the GT42-74 DBB in the precision series of turbos? Mine being a T67 0.68r

How did you guys come up with your timing #'s? You must have generated them on a dyno?
 

·
1,150+ rwhp club
Joined
·
4,438 Posts
Kevin Hoare said:
James, what is an equivilant of the GT42-74 DBB in the precision series of turbos? Mine being a T67 0.68r

How did you guys come up with your timing #'s? You must have generated them on a dyno?

A GT42-74 would ~ equal a 74gts or gtq trim.


My timing numbers came from ALOT of logs with a very conservative knock curve (when I started). The knock curve is now where it needs to be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
496 Posts
JamesN1830 said:
A GT42-74 would ~ equal a 74gts or gtq trim.


My timing numbers came from ALOT of logs with a very conservative knock curve (when I started). The knock curve is now where it needs to be.

I noticed that your vacuum region and low boost timing numbers are much more aggressive than mine. Those #'s in my map were generated by a tuner on a load bearing dyno. They seem over the top conservative considering what I see everyone else running on pump. My numbers are ~6 degrees more retarded than what you are running!!
 

·
1,150+ rwhp club
Joined
·
4,438 Posts
Kevin Hoare said:
I noticed that your vacuum region and low boost timing numbers are much more aggressive than mine. Those #'s in my map were generated by a tuner on a load bearing dyno. They seem over the top conservative considering what I see everyone else running on pump. My numbers are ~6 degrees more retarded than what you are running!!

wow. This is the same map I drove to houston and back on (2200mile round trip). Got 27ish mpg too.... :bigthumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
Great Sticky! I have a map I'll post as soon as I retest it. How about we post an internal log from the cals we post?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
378 Posts
JamesN1830 said:
idle screw set to 950ish rpm.
How does the EMS control the abrupt TB butterfly closure? Do RPMs dip until they hit 950, and then stop there? I would think car would want to stall (drop below 950rpm) when releasing the gas pedal

Thanks for your pointers
 
1 - 20 of 89 Posts
Top