Supra Forums banner

381 - 392 of 392 Posts

·
From the land down under
4,037 Posts
Cheers mate, I appreciate the compliments.

I have a K&N 4" air filter inside the box, rather than the TRD panel filter I used to run, back when I was still NA. Its not very tidy inside, as the back of the airbox has been hacked apart over the years, and is mainly sealed with duct tape hahahaha. I have new NA, and TT airboxes in my garage, so when I finally install the 6266 along with a 4" stainless steel intake pipe, I will do a better job of things, and make it look as OEM as possible.

Tbh, I hate the blue couplers, but they were the only colour readily available in NZ when I did this years ago. I have been stock piling lots of parts over the past 4 or 5 years, in preparation for the new upgrades. Included in the pile is all new black couplers and t-bolt clamps for the entire engine, as I have a new Greddy intercooler and piping going in too. Very much looking forward to a more stealthy appearance.

Guess I better choose a colour for the coil cover too, as that gloss black is tatty and needs a refresh.

Attachments

·
Registered
989 Posts
Looks good Mr Ree! is that the pnt intake?

·
From the land down under
4,037 Posts
Looks good Mr Ree! is that the pnt intake?
Hey Ali :) How are you doing? I hope all is well and you and your loved ones are safe during these crazy times

Yes, I believe it is the PNT intake, although I didnt buy it direct from them. I bought it off a chap on the Ozzy Supra forums who decided it was more work than he wanted to deal with, so I got it for a steal...circa $400 NZD :) I had it altered, by relocating all of the vacuum ports to the underside just to tidy things up, and had the throttle bracket location moved to the outside to suit the Q45 throttle linkage location

Its my favourite mod so far, and I strongly recommend anybody who is NA-T to do the same :)

·
Registered
989 Posts
Hey Ree, doing alright over here can't complain, staying in and social distancing to the max, thanks for asking.
Hope you and your loved ones are safe as well!

I thought it looked different for some reason, that is a nice pickup and I do like the mods you did to it. Still one of my fav designs as you can keep the ps reservoir in the stock location where it works best. I thought it might have been one of those newer sheet metal ones on ebay for a second but when I saw the q45 throttle flange I thought PNT. I should have gone to their shop when I was in thailand, maybe next time lol.

·
From the land down under
4,037 Posts
Hey Ree, doing alright over here can't complain, staying in and social distancing to the max, thanks for asking.
Hope you and your loved ones are safe as well!

I thought it looked different for some reason, that is a nice pickup and I do like the mods you did to it. Still one of my fav designs as you can keep the ps reservoir in the stock location where it works best. I thought it might have been one of those newer sheet metal ones on ebay for a second but when I saw the q45 throttle flange I thought PNT. I should have gone to their shop when I was in thailand, maybe next time lol.
Glad to hear that you and your loved ones are well...The whole physical distancing thing is a little weird, but not remotely hard to do. Most people would kill for a month off, but now that its mandated, people are carrying on like its the end of the world, even when we have the technology available to keep in touch with everyone etc...lets hope it doesnt last too long, and that we can get back to "normal" next year :)

While I did like not having to relocate the PS reservoir, I have to admit that moving the fuse box and battery wasnt that much fun, and Im still not happy with how things are right now. I plan to relocate the battery elsewhere, so that I can mount the fuse box in a better spot, as currently, the lower half of the fuse box isnt there, and its just the internals, with the lid sitting on top, so in order to keep the internals dry and away from the elements, I think its prudent to do something about it ASAP. Perhaps I can even reinstall the filler neck for the windscreen washer reservoir hahaha

·
From the land down under
4,037 Posts
Nice set up, @Mr Ree NZ

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thank you, Sir :)

I have been happy with this setup for many years, but cant wait to finally install all of the upgrades in the coming months, once this lock down is over. If only I was a competent welder/fabricator, I could just do it myself in the garage, but a lack of tools, and talent, means I shall have to wait 🤣

·
Registered
989 Posts
I didn't even see the small battery there lol. I'd relocate that to the trunk and maybe that makes a little more space for the fusebox to in it's housing. You are right I didn't like messing with mine either the one time I had to, its a bit of a pain to move around. Looks good though sounds like you have a good plan!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Nice set up, man. Did you do anything to the head and lower end, internally?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, I blew the engine (cyl 1 piston) on 8psi and 405whp and had to rebuild. Went full forged in the process with JE pistons and Manley rods. ARP studs and bolts for everything. Also have BC 264 cams with their springs and titanium retainers. Engine is at 9:1 CR now and will be having the boost turned up. My goal is 700-800whp for my sleeper daily driver build.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Like in my mini user pic up left, this is how it was when it was last running. It's just a CXRacing turbo kit, but with the upgraded dual ball bearing and balanced turbo. Pretty basic, mostly about functionality. But these engines are sexy no matter how they are done with a big single.

381 - 392 of 392 Posts