Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of 5zigen wheels that i'd like disassembled and powdercoated a different color. Anyone know of a shop thats capable of this? Would i need to send them to a wheel shop, then they would send out the centers to get powdercoated??

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I have a set of 5zigen wheels that i'd like disassembled and powdercoated a different color. Anyone know of a shop thats capable of this? Would i need to send them to a wheel shop, then they would send out the centers to get powdercoated??
I can assume here that when you mentioned "taking out the centers" that you own a 3-piece wheel. If you have the hex tool to remove the centers, then you can do it yourself. If the tires are still on the rim, YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS. If you know of a good wheel shop nearby, I suggest having them remove the tires, then the centers with the hex tool. If not, your going to have to do it yourself. I suggest using a shop since they MAY have experience in that area. The shop could also rebalance the wheel and assemble them back once back from the powdercoating shop.

Once the centers are out, it's easy for the powdercoater to coat the centers. Simply mail them out, and they'll coat the wheel. If you mail them the whole wheel, shipping will be extremely expensive. Yes, some powdercoaters will assemble/disassemble wheels as well, but this depends on your preference and available choices.

In LI, NY you have Action Powedercoat (http://www.actionpowdercoat.com) (631) 225-1949. They do very nice work.

Hope this helps.

- Vic

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Anthony

Phone: 973-851-1720

Tell him TaSe sent you. Hes located in lodi. He does wheels 1 color for 200 and 2 colors for 250 i think.

Here is some of his work on wheels

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
dont forget :
http://www.northeastcoatings.net/
they ave done some work for me and its great,also if you come to the Ne2k7 meet they will be giving people whom attend a discount on work to be done.

·
Lost in Dawg-land
550 Posts
Aaron, if you end up breaking them down yourself you can also look into FMR Powdercoat in Harleysville. That is the shop that did the old rims on the Talon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts