Supra Forums banner

Powdercoating in the Chicago Area

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  BADABING 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I am getting some stuff powdercoated soon. I wanted to know if there were any good powdercoaters in the area.

I was going to go with Lo-Ko in Oak Lawn, but they have a really long turnaround time.

I found a place called Economy Iron that powdercoats in Melrose Park....anyone heard anything about them? They promised me a 2-3 day turnaround time, so I am thinking about taking it there.

Please let me know if anyone has heard about either of these places or has any other in mind....I plan on taking the parts there tomorrow.

Thanks,

Asheesh

#2 ·
J & J Powder Coating (847) 731-3131
2805 Ebenezer Ave, Zion, IL 60099

(I know you mentioned them but I've heard alot of good reviews about their work, one of the JGTCA guys recently had some wheels done there and they look great :)
Lo-Ko Performance Coating (708) 424-7863
5340 W 111th St Ste 1, Oak Lawn, IL 60453

Both of these places do excellent work, my teammate has several pieces of his suspension, his rollcage, and underhood components done at different times by either of these places.

lateRZ

#3 ·
I also recommend Lo-Ko. I had some parts powdercoated there with great results. I will actually be taking my calipers there in a few days. Later.

#5 ·
Hi guys,

I am happy to report that I went with Economy Iron for my powdercoating and they did an amazing job........fast and cheap!

I took my stuff over there last Wednesday in the afternoon and had it back Tuesday morning. It looks absolutely gorgeous. I got my intercooler pipes as well as my TRD Strut Tower Bar all powdercoated high gloss black.

For a second opinion I showed them to BADABING....he was very impressed with their powdercoating skills.

I highly recommed these guys for powdercoating. Ask for Joel and tell him Asheesh sent you. He will take good care of you.

Feel free to ask any questions,

Asheesh

Oh, I do not have pics up yet of the powdercoated pieces....not sure when I will be able to get them up....but I will try for soon.

#8 ·
Hi guys,

OK, here is the full address:

Economy Iron
3132 W Hirsch St
Melrose Park, IL
Phone: (708) 343-1777

Ask for Joel.

Off of North Ave., there is a horseshoe street that has entrances at 30th Street and 32nd Street. This street is South of North Ave. Economy Iron is one of the buildings in there....it is on the South side of the street. They specialize in powdercoating fences and ornamental iron (their powdercoating oven is 33 inches x 8 feet by 33 feet)!!!!! But Joel is definately willing to accomodate us for car parts...he may even show you around the facility.....damn, if their oven was wider, we could powdercoat our whole cars....

Asheesh

#16 ·
Hehe,

thanks guys for the responses.

No, I didnt do the intercooler. I was thinking about doing just the end tanks but then decided not to. I cant wait to put these pipes on....Mike and I put the flange in a location such that the BOV is gonna be showcased right in the drivers side vent. I hope it turns out like I want it too.

Should have it buttoned up in a couple of weeks or so.

Asheesh

#20 ·
PhlypSide said:
asheesh:

Careful with that BOV placement, rain/standing water can be an issue depending upon which BOV you have.

Do you remember Pete Waterman? He had some interesting (good and bad) stories about having his BOV right up front there :)

Also do you know if Mike makes intercooler pipes in general, or just for you since you picked up his old type-S?

lateRZ
Mike will always help his buddies out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.