Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My power antenna goes up and basically goes too far and the drive motor pushes the toothed belt out. When it goes to retract it doesn't engage the teeth.

Is there a limit switch for the up position? I took the antenna mast out and everything looks fine on the teeth (none missing).

Thanks,
Mark

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
My power antenna bit the bullet and I had to pull the motor apart. I found a quite short piece of the plastic toothed belt had sheared off and this was not allowing good up/down as you are describing. I bought a replacement mast for $37 dollars off Curt and powered the radio up. I then had a buddy shut the radio off as I pushed somewhat forcefully down on the new plastic toothed belt with the gears pointing towards the FRONT of the car. It went in fine and has not had an issue in the 8 months since. Hope this helps. Again it was just a tiny piece that kept it from catching as it would normally and I had to unmount the motor and pull the motor apart. It's a purely mechanical process at the end of the motor and plastic toothed gear interface that limits the up/down.

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, this isn't what I have. My teeth on the mast are fine. I don't understand the mechanism that detects when the antenna is up. It seems this mechanism is the problem as the antenna will go all the way up, and the motor just keeps running, meaning it has gone so far that it has ejected the teeth from the gear, then when it goes to retract, there is no tooth engagement. If I just tap it down a bit, it feeds and retracts fine.

Can someone shed some light on how the "up" detect mechanism works?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts