Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got some JDM power folding mirrors for my '91T and I had some questions...

First off, I'll explain everything that came with the mirrors...

2 Power folding mirrors with the harnesses plugged in and cut on them.
1 Power folding mirror switch with the retract button, also had the harness plugged in, but cut.
1 black box (i'm guessing this controls the whole thing) without anything plugged into it :(

Ok, now i was wondering...

after taking apart my door, i found the stock black "door control" box, but the plug that goes into it is WAY bigger than the one that came with the power folding mirrors, so there's no way i can just plug that in and splice :( ................. how would i go about making the power folding mirrors work like this???

another question...

after looking at the plug on the US mirror switch, and the JDM one, it looks like all the wires are the same, accept for one of them is missing on the US one (i'm guessing this is for the retract feature) can i use the stock plug and just solder a wire in the empty spot, then somehow run it into the door and splice it somewhere on the door control??

This is very confusing to me, especially because the JDM black box did not have a harness plugged into it, could someone try and point me in the right direction on this?

Thanks,

Jayson Mattoon

·
Registered
361 Posts
wheres this 'black box' as i might be able to take my door trim off and take a few pics if you like.

Im in NZ and i think all out Supras here are JDM... ;)

oh yeah and it has the retracting mirrors, thats why im offering.... duh :cool:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you remove the trim, its just under and to the right of the speaker.... you'll see it, its the only black box in there.... thanks!

also, you wouldn't happen to know where i can get a harness off this thing would you? remember these are the power folding mirrors... thanks

·
I've been here forever.
2,555 Posts
MrOizo said:
wheres this 'black box' as i might be able to take my door trim off and take a few pics if you like.
Im in NZ and i think all out Supras here are JDM... ;)
oh yeah and it has the retracting mirrors, thats why im offering.... duh :cool:
Hey, I have to do a Business Project on the economy of New Zealand, can you help me out with an insider Point of view?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Boostin88T said:
Hey, I have to do a Business Project on the economy of New Zealand, can you help me out with an insider Point of view?
Uhhhhh i can try :p if not.. i might be ble to find someone.

TRD91whtMK3 ver.2
also, you wouldn't happen to know where i can get a harness off this thing would you? remember these are the power folding mirrors... thanks
Yeah, couldnt have offered otherwise... i dont know if i will be able to do it till another few days tho.. chuck me a PM and i'll remeber to do so... will try tonight deffinately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts